Anyone backing Barker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i like Barker here...

Comment

Backing Barker for sure. He deserves it, he's been through a lot in his life and he is a good fighter.

People think I dislike Barker. I really don't, I just critisized Martinez for what was an horrible and obvious cherry pick at the time.

I hope Barker pulls it off. I think it's going to be a close fight. Not really sure who I'm picking but I'll lean on Barker just because I want him to win.

Comment

I think geale is alittle better than barker and will win a close heated decision,,,,,

I like barker,, i thought he fought serg very tough,, that was the first time i got to see him live with my own eyes,,,

THis will be a really good fight,, much like sturm-geale

Comment

This is Barkers time, its his coming out party.
          For me he is as good as Geale all round and now hes injury free and his confidence has soared. Hes been against lesser guys but I think that loss to Sergio has made him a better fighter.

Barker is one of the most genuinely nice guys in boxing, he won't get a better chance than this to become world champion. I wish him the best.

Comment

Honestly, if they sell more than 2000 tickets for this I'll be stunned.

An Aussie & Londoner in the main event. A Colombian & Spaniard main support.

And a bunch of people whom you have to be hardcore to know anything about.

I am still stunned as to the venue. Surely having the fight at midnight in London would have been a better TV spectacle. ****loads of Aussies there (although boxing ain't a big deal to most) but having a rocking London venue would surely be better as a build up for either fighter than a dead AC one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this fight immensely. I just think it's a daft place to have it.

Especially with the Ashes going on in the UK at present. And I ****ing hate cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Honestly, if they sell more than 2000 tickets for this I'll be stunned.

An Aussie & Londoner in the main event. A Colombian & Spaniard main support.

And a bunch of people whom you have to be hardcore to know anything about.

I am still stunned as to the venue. Surely having the fight at midnight in London would have been a better TV spectacle. ****loads of Aussies there (although boxing ain't a big deal to most) but having a rocking London venue would surely be better as a build up for either fighter than a dead AC one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this fight immensely. I just think it's a daft place to have it.

Especially with the Ashes going on in the UK at present. And I ****ing hate cricket.
              I still say that this is HBO's doing to have an opponent for GGG.
              American tv and american public.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I still say that this is HBO's doing to have an opponent for GGG.
                American tv and american public.
                I agree that's the reason. But having it in front of a rocking crowd in West London (Chelsea's start their season the next day) would be a lot better than an empty, passionless crowd in AC.

It would still be shown on the same US tv's. Just fought at a different venue.

Comment

So this is where the boxing talk is taking place.

I was prepared to put a pretty good bet on Geale. I know that Barker is the sentimental favorite and all, but I'm just not sure why so many people are picking him to win.

Talk to me, fellas.

Comment

I am hoping Barker wins by KO

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      So this is where the boxing talk is taking place.

I was prepared to put a pretty good bet on Geale. I know that Barker is the sentimental favorite and all, but I'm just not sure why so many people are picking him to win.

Talk to me, fellas.
                      Yes mate, the main forum is for kids calling boxers cowards, duckers and other silly names.

This page isn't busy but you usually get proper boxing fans on it.

I truly have no idea who's going to win. I'm leaning towards Geale although I'd love for Barker to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X