Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Danny Garcia beat Brandon Rios?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock Khan and Morales as much as you like but Rios has fought one decent opponent and he got schooled for 12 rounds solid.

He is so horrifically overrated and one of the very worst pro boxers I have ever seen. He has zero technique & is completely overrated.
    His chin is average at best, he is slow as fcuk, flat footed, has zero defense or head movement, no jab, nothing but good power and a good workrate.

He does not belong in the same ring as Garcia. Garcia beating him would actually damage his legacy!
    He is worse than a 80yr old Morales, worse than Khan, worse than Holt & Judah. Hell Ashley Theophane would box rings around Rios.
    It would be 2-3 steps backwards!

Comment

I think rios would be too strong, and have too much output for garcia. but at the same time Garcia offers little head movement and will be easy to hit. I would favour rios. On the inside Rios is the best fighter right now.

Comment

not so sure he would beat him, Garcia is getting overrated lately
        Rios would never stop coming, don't think Garcia would stop him
        and Rios' pressure would disrupt Garcia's attempt to box
        it would be an inside fight, Rios outworks him and breaks him down

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Now I don't rate Rios very highly but he has all the attributes to beat Garcia to a pulp. He's got a great chin, good power, good work rate and strong determination. You're not gonna keep him off of you with single punches unless you're the next Tito Trinidad. Garcia's defense is leaky and he's flat-footed. Against Rios he would do his usual stuff (throw a big shot, wait, wait, wait, throw another big shot) while Rios would be on top of him non stop. Rios would eat some bombs don't get me wrong, but I think he would just smile and keep coming. This would not end well for Garcia, I see him getting stopped unless he clinches every 10 seconds.
          I agree 100 Percent, and could possibly be stopped before the 10th rd.!

Comment

Maybe if Garcia was allowed to bring a gun into the ring. Then he'd have a chance.

Comment

U guys honestly think Rios is super man rite? Nevermind the fact that's he's been clearly hurt more than once in his career and he's never fought a guy who punches harder than Garcia. Tbh I don't see how anyone can be confident in a Rios victory. Sooner or later the chin gets cracked and its always a power puncher who does it. Happens to just about everyone. Garcia is big, has power, fights at mid range, counters well, times well, this is a very hard fight for Rios to win. U guys really get carried away with ur love for pressure fighter. There's a reason they are a dying breed, there are numerous ways to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                U guys honestly think Rios is super man rite? Nevermind the fact that's he's been clearly hurt more than once in his career and he's never fought a guy who punches harder than Garcia. Tbh I don't see how anyone can be confident in a Rios victory. Sooner or later the chin gets cracked and its always a power puncher who does it. Happens to just about everyone. Garcia is big, has power, fights at mid range, counters well, times well, this is a very hard fight for Rios to win. U guys really get carried away with ur love for pressure fighter. There's a reason they are a dying breed, there are numerous ways to beat them.
                But Garcia doesn't posses the talent to pull it off, so yes he would get KTFO against Rios, and I'm sure Acosta, Murray, Antillon and Alvarado hit just as hard if not harder than Danny, most had 20+k.o's

Comment

Lol so a bunch of lightweights hit as hard as one of the hardest hitting Jr welters? Wtf is this? And he doesn't have the talent? Lmao. Rios just lost Richard frikkin Abril. He's not that good. Delusional is the nice way of saying what some of u are. I'm not gonna sit here and say a fighter is gonna win a fight as long as his chin holds up. If u think Garcia doesn't have enough talent to counter, time and crack rios' chin then I dunno what to tell u.

Comment

Based on what I've seen, Garcia is the stronger puncher of the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      Lol so a bunch of lightweights hit as hard as one of the hardest hitting Jr welters? Wtf is this? And he doesn't have the talent? Lmao. Rios just lost Richard frikkin Abril. He's not that good. Delusional is the nice way of saying what some of u are. I'm not gonna sit here and say a fighter is gonna win a fight as long as his chin holds up. If u think Garcia doesn't have enough talent to counter, time and crack rios' chin then I dunno what to tell u.
                      Garcia is no Abril and I guess you like hugfest like what Abril displayed vs Rios, he did not do enough to win the belt that's why his ass got the L and Rios is still undefeated! Garcia was given those belts fighting a battle-worn, washed up Morales; a Glass-chinned Khan and a now an old Judah, when he should be fighting Matthysse who holds the interim WBC belt. You go ahead and praise him now but I'm sure his time will come sooner or later to get exposed!

Comment

Working...
                      X