Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is HBO's problem with Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't want him to expose their cash cows mayweather and pacman ! Simple and plain. Plus he didn't start boxing till he was 20!! Lol and if he would be the number 1 and 2 fighters who have been boxing their whole lives it would be crazy! He would be the only fight to give them problems and they know it!

Comment

I keep hearing people complain about HBO and Merchant.

I don't have a problem with Merchants commentary because all he was asking is that Sergio fight like he is the #3 p4p and #1 MW fighter in the world (by seperating himself from Macklin and showing he is a class above him).

Macklin is underrated, however, until the 10th and 11th rounds, Martinez wasn't putting up the performance you expect for a top 3 fighter in the world.

Comment

It shows more and more how Merchant is against counterpunchers/defensive fighters...I though Mayweather fans were on crack but started noticing it more and more and tonight was one of thoise nights.

Comment

Larry Merchant's hate is just confusing as hell.

He said he's bias against defensive fighters who are "boring". Martinez is defensively flawed and has won by KO in his last 4 fights. So why does he hate on Martinez?

Merchant is just a hater, plain and simple. He hates fighters who are not Top Rank. He praises every single Top Rank fighter, and bashes all others.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
            It's not HBO, it's Merchant, mainly. Just hard to listen to. Will be a great day when he is off the network.
            Agreed.......

Comment

They need to bring in Max Kellerman to nuthug Martinez to balance out Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                They need to bring in Max Kellerman to nuthug Martinez to balance out Merchant.
                when's the last time we seen them together? i can't remember seeing them together that much.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  when's the last time we seen them together? i can't remember seeing them together that much.
                  I think it was Dzinziruk. You could hear Kellerman orgasm every time Martinez throws a good punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
                    Every single fight he is in, they keep saying he is "exposed". And during the fights, they always say how he isn't looking like a middleweight champ. Yet in every single fight, he knocks the guy out in the end and destroys fighters towards the end. Someone explain to me, wtf is HBO's problem with Martinez?
                    For starters, he took two american superstars out of the big scene with his upsets.

To make things worse, he is after another big name (and all smoke), Chavez Jr. They can't wait to see Martinez decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
                      For starters, he took two american superstars out of the big scene with his upsets.

To make things worse, he is after another big name (and all smoke), Chavez Jr. They can't wait to see Martinez decline.
                      Those are interesting points, but Martinez is pretty much a HBO fighter so I don't see why they just don't just accept he's here to stay and appreciate him. Also, I wouldn't call Pavlik and Williams superstars, yes Pavlik had a decent following in Ohio but Williams was virtually unknown to causal fans. At least Martinez has the support of Latinos.

Agree with the last part.

Comment

Working...
                      X