Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Maidana vs Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What speaks for Khan in such a fight is this Ortiz fight. He and Roach will study this fight , back and forth, all Maidana's moves, punches and so on.
    If Khan can stick to a smart game plan, he may ride out the storm. What speaks against him is that Maidana never got tired , he was fighting , throwing a high rate of punches for 5 and half rd's and in the Kotelnik fight the same, really good athlete.

Comment

If Khan beats Kotelnik and looks good then I would give him a great chance at beating Maidana.

Khan has awesome handspeed, and decent power, especially now as he is not boiling down to make weight anymore. Maidana leaves himself quite open and hasn't got the best chin in the world. Ortiz had him down 3 times who has better power than Khan, but doesn't have the raw speed to back it up. If Khan can fight at distance and avoid those big shots, I can see an early stoppage in Khan's favour.

However, Maidana only has to land a couple of those big overhand rights and it is night, night, Khan. For Khan to win he has to be defensively excellent. To be fair to him, I think Roach has improved this aspect of his game greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
        If Khan beats Kotelnik and looks good then I would give him a great chance at beating Maidana.

Khan has awesome handspeed, and decent power, especially now as he is not boiling down to make weight anymore. Maidana leaves himself quite open and hasn't got the best chin in the world. Ortiz had him down 3 times who has better power than Khan, but doesn't have the raw speed to back it up. If Khan can fight at distance and avoid those big shots, I can see an early stoppage in Khan's favour.

However, Maidana only has to land a couple of those big overhand rights and it is night, night, Khan. For Khan to win he has to be defensively excellent. To be fair to him, I think Roach has improved this aspect of his game greatly.
        I don't remember khan ever having problems making 135 lbs.

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
        What speaks against him is that Maidana never got tired , he was fighting , throwing a high rate of punches for 5 and half rd's and in the Kotelnik fight the same, really good athlete.
        actually maidana was slowing down, but when ortiz got cut, he caught his 2nd wind.

Comment

Khan was a very big lightweight to be fair, but i don't think he had problems making that weight either?

Comment

It's obvious he belongs at light welter, maybe even at welterweight in the future. He never had problems making weight, but I feel he will benefit from moving up. More strength and power.

Comment

If Maidana lands just ONE of those right hands or left hooks, Khan is in huge trouble. We still have no idea how "the new" Amir Khan he reacts to being hurt. The old Khan had no idea how to clinch or defend himself. If he panics like he did against Prescott, Maidana will have a brutal KO on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
                It's obvious he belongs at light welter, maybe even at welterweight in the future. He never had problems making weight, but I feel he will benefit from moving up. More strength and power.
                yeah, but that glass chin was better suited to 135 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by AceNguyen View Post
                  If Maidana lands just ONE of those right hands or left hooks, Khan is in huge trouble. We still have no idea how "the new" Amir Khan he reacts to being hurt. The old Khan had no idea how to clinch or defend himself. If he panics like he did against Prescott, Maidana will have a brutal KO on his record.
                  khan didn't panic, he just didn't know what to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X