Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post

He looked good in this fight. :WORD:

Comment

This fight has been made so Broner name can branch out to the U.K to make the Broner vs Burns fight big as possible.

Broner will start walking him down from round 1.

Comment

Hard hitting Gavin Rees lol..

Comment

Its a stay busy fight nothing more. He just fought in November so hopefully this means hes fighting 3 times this year.

Comment

There's nothing to really hype up, his record itself hypes him up. 37-1, former champion, ranked #6 by The Ring, lost to Kotelnyk. That's all there is to it.

Decent fighter, it's a better stay busy fight than fighting some one outside of the top 10, or in the lower Ring top 10 like Beltran with 6 losses, Estrada, Mitchell who loses every big fight. A better fight would have been Burns but he didn't want to fight yet. I'd love to see Broner-Abril too.

Comment

Lol this thread really made me spill my drink..

Comment

Rees has too much of a size disadvantage but there is a chance he could make things tricky for Broner - he's got a somewhat unorthodox style and some bursts of speed at times. But again with the size disadvantage it makes success for Rees a difficult thing to consistently strike. He'll probably be missing shots a lot more than usual.

Broner should win this one clearly but I have a feeling it will be a closer fight than expected if Rees doesn't make any major mistakes. He does run in occasionally with his hands swinging at either side and if Broner can time him he'll be able to land some vicious straight rights and hooks while Rees is coming in which could end the fight.

Comment

will lol if somehow Rees manages to secure the W

Comment

It seems the only people who are taking this fight seriously is people who don't like Broner. No Broner fan is calling this fight anything other than a stay busy. So what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      There's nothing to really hype up, his record itself hypes him up. 37-1, former champion, ranked #6 by The Ring, lost to Kotelnyk. That's all there is to it.

Decent fighter, it's a better stay busy fight than fighting some one outside of the top 10, or in the lower Ring top 10 like Beltran with 6 losses, Estrada, Mitchell who loses every big fight. A better fight would have been Burns but he didn't want to fight yet. I'd love to see Broner-Abril too.
                      I think Beltran would be a better opponent than Rees, hopefully that fight gets made for May 4th.

Comment

Working...
                      X