Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's get Canelo Alvarez -vs- Paul Williams at 154lbs in DECEMBER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    Cintron is another dude who struggles with a certain style (pressure fighters who swarm him and dont give him space to get off). Watch both Margarito fights,Molina and even Jesse Feliciano who he stopped late. Put him in with a boxer with a questionable chin and he will most likely look good.
    He could have beat Williams.. You know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
      He could have beat Williams.. You know that.
      He was winning the fight up until that point but what i wanted to see was how he did in the later rounds if Williams was still there and turned up the pressure. Im not so sure how that fight would have turned out.
      Last edited by ny123; 07-16-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

He was winning the fight up until that point but what i wanted to see was how he did in the later rounds if Williams was still there and turned up the pressure. Im not so sure how that fight would have turned out.
        The judges that night beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
          So Canelo can finally get a decent name on his resume, and start getting at the big dogs!

Canelo has been a pro for over 6 years now, and has about 40 fights total, it's time

I think it would be a great fight and it wouldn't go the distance.
          I get that part, just dont want to see Paul keep getting hit so much. But I understand what you mean.

You know what i dont get is that Williams lost to Quintana over 3 years ago who landed pretty much the same punches Lara landed and people now act like Paul is shot and cant compete anymore. The talk of Williams chin being cracked were obviously premature too being that Lara landed all night and Williams never even touched the canvas. Williams came with the same style he always has and fought pretty much the same type of fight. I know most of you think Williams is shot but for Canelo to go from M. Hatton,J.Cotto and R. Rhodes this will be a huge step up and his matchmakers know it.
          Williams is who he has always been, difference is, the punishment he took from Martinez in those two fights clearly took something out of him. Not only that, but he and his dang trainer flat out said that they would not change anything. That's terrible and them not changing or fixes those blaring problems (like Williams keep his right hand so low), will be the end of his career. And a young gun like Canelo who can crack? Man.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
            The judges that night beg to differ.
            Judges also thought Williams beat Lara,Funeka Guzman 1 was a draw and Cintron Martinez was a draw. Whats your point?

Comment

Canelo would beat the **** out of Paul Williams.ive always felt Paul was overrated.he dont use his reach he comes in on u and down to your size he would do that to Canelo.Pauls arms are so long when hes in close all he does is slap if he pulls back he gets caught .Canelo TKO 10

Comment

Paul Williams is a finished man so why not that's what Canelo is known for.

Comment

Deandre Latimore would be a much better fight. I want to see Saul against a thinker with some pop in those gloves. Deandre Latimore will force Saul A. to do more than throw punches like he's punching the heavy bag. Hes gonna have to move, block, and throw punches with the knowledge that he too could be koed at any min in the fight. We will see if Saul is the real thing or not. Paul williams is not a thinker, hes a giant brawler nothing speacial if you ask me. A walking punching bag that does nothing for a fighters growth.
                  I'm not saying Latimore is the best at 154, I'm just saying he has a chance at beating saul, Latimore is not a walking punching bag,and he can hurt you. Saul sign the dotted line and prove your what you say you are. Stop fighting punching bags.

Comment

Can we get this fight now??!..

Canelo-Williams in March!!

Comment

Working...
                    X