No announcement yet.

Which Scenario Is Worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    exactly...they're doing these hate campaigns all for the glory of their beloved floyd...a guy who went on vacation and declared he's no longer interested in boxing after sucking these *****s dry of their hard-earned money.
    They are fans of the fighters (in this case, Floyd) more than the sport itself. I have my doubts as to whether some of them on this forum are fans of the sport at all. IMDAZED is a fan of the sport at least, I'll give him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
      Williams never ducks or dodges!? He refused to rematch Margarito after Margarito turned down a fight against Cotto to fight his mandatory after Williams called him out and chased him down. He refused to rematch Carlos Quintana after their second fight, after Carlos had graciously granted Paul a rematch when he lost the first time. He is currently refusing to rematch Sergio Martinez and Kermit Cintron, both of whom lost very controversially to Paul.

He's going the Al Haymon route.
      FACT.

Williams don't want none of Marg, he got lucky the first time. Williams is a punk.

Comment

He absolutely did not offer Margarito an immediate rematch. Margarito begged for one and Paul refused. Staunchly refused, in fact. Of course, Paul came back and finally offered Margarito the rematch after Margarito whipped Cintron again and Cotto. I would call him a ducker, I suppose you would call him an opportunist.
        I guess. After seeing him beat up some more people he wanted a rematch? You may be right. I guess that's ducking. Although I see you've now abandoned the whole "avoid" Martinez nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I guess. After seeing him beat up some more people he wanted a rematch? You may be right. I guess that's ducking. Although I see you've now abandoned the whole "avoid" Martinez nonsense.
          I didn't get to that. He is currently in the process of avoiding Sergio. The rematch is their to be made, Sergio wants it, HBO wants it, Paul don't want it.

Comment

I didn't get to that. He is currently in the process of avoiding Sergio. The rematch is their to be made, Sergio wants it, HBO wants it, Paul don't want it.
            The rematch will be made. You can't have it both ways - look at how you're treating the Margarito scenario (Tony wants an immediate rematch, Paul wants one later, according to you) and the Martinez scenario (Paul wants an immediate rematch, Sergio wants one later). Pick a theme. In any case, he's not ducking. And when this fight gets made that'll be the end of that.

Comment

They are fans of the fighters (in this case, Floyd) more than the sport itself. I have my doubts as to whether some of them on this forum are fans of the sport at all. IMDAZED is a fan of the sport at least, I'll give him that much.
              i thought so too...you take away floyd from him and he's a good follower of the sport. but the thing is, this fight (pac-marg) is yet to happen and nobody knows what will turn out of it. it could very well turn out to be a very exciting and well-matched fight. it's alright to cast your doubts about it but to totally downplay its value at this point is pretty stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                i thought so too...you take away floyd from him and he's a good follower of the sport. but the thing is, this fight (pac-marg) is yet to happen and nobody knows what will turn out of it. it could very well turn out to be a very exciting and well-matched fight. it's alright to cast your doubts about it but to totally downplay its value at this point is pretty stupid.
                Let's take floyd out of the equation since he is on "vacation". The question then becomes is a marg manny fight for the 154 lb title right now good for boxing. The answer is no. Marg is 1-1 at the weight, manny has never fought at it. The belt they are fighting for the WBC forced sergio to vacate the title because he is also the champ at 160. Manny, who is the champ at 140 and a belt holder at 147 is not being forced to defend his title or relinquish it. The marg manny fight is supposed to be at 150 lb catchweight. Marg got caught trying to cheat 2 fights ago and is now fighting for a title.

Just because manny is fighting and floyd is not does not make this a good fight. If your argument is its ok because manny is only fighting marg because floyd wont, then please take into consideration there are other opponents.

Floyd not fighting sucks for him and how people judge him. Manny fighting a cheater at a weight niether has done anything at to earn a title is FAR worse for the sport. You and Rimmy as "boxing" fans know this.

Comment

Working...
                X