Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: $1 Million Fine For Every Pound I'm Over With Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind the fight, Chavez jr.'s fight is first to make the weight or lose a lot of money. His best win was against Andy Lee but can't see anything here but a Canelo win.

Comment

jr should start road work immediately. gradually shed the pounds with cardio. that way he won't kill himself in camp dealing with alvared's drain program.

Comment

At $1M per pound I hope they've triple padlocked the fridge and put him under armed guard when he is not in the gym. That is nuts and abusive.

On a serious side, GBP's matchmakers are living on an edge. Canelo looks to be the only reason GBP exists at this stage so he absolutely cannot lose [ which is why he won't fight Golovkin until GGG looks exposed] - they must have seen something in Chavez that he could function at 166 or 167 but 164.5 will just be too much for him. I'll be tuning in.

Comment

Junior should pay 10m and come in at 175. That would give him a chance and his purse would still be substantial.

Comment

The fight should still sell well (assuming he gets a PPV %). He should say FU Canelo, pay 5mill, come in at 170 and wipe the floor with him. At 164 he's gonna be a corpse.

Comment

Hat of to Jr. He knew he was getting the bad side of the deal, but still made all the concessions to make the fight. I wish GGG would make some kind on concessions too. ��

Comment

Originally posted by RenegÄde View Post
                Canelo reached joke status to me when he ducked Golovkin to fight Khan and then that other bum.

Chavez Jr is washed up at this point and has never beaten anybody anyway.
                The Chavez that beat Lee and with no training gave Martinez his 12th toughest round of his career is no joke, if Chavez prepares well he's gonna be no joke the night of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                  Lineal champ means you beat the man that beat the man... The only way to lose it is by defeat and so far he hasn't loss. Canelo is the lineal champ at least until some one beats him then the lineal title becomes vacated
                  Exactly! that's how lineal works.

Comment

The fight is a farce what someone will pay Juniors fun WBC even if it's WBO...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      It was 10 million dollars per pound.

And Floyd agreed to it.
                      Keep in mind that in Floyds last fight before that against Marquez he decided to not adhere to the agreed upon catch weight and just pay JMM off to get an advantage. They were worried he would do the same to Pac so the penalty was heavier. Doubt he was going to as it was the full 147 but they wanted it in there and he had no problem agreeing to it at that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X