No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holly Holm Shocks The World, KO's Ronda Rousey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mojita View Post
    What happened to Rousey is what happened to Rocky in Rocky 3 basically. Endorsement deals, fans everywhere, lack of focus, touring and movie projects and the quiet hungry fighter whooped that ass.

I'm sure Rousey beats her in the rematch though.
    Lennox Lewis when he fought Hasim Rahman the first time he lost focus was going a movie during training time..

Only think in a Rousey vs Holm 2 , I see Holm winning again this time on points , Rousey need to move to 145

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Takes quiet an ego to play the stand up game with a pro boxer. I mean 50 year old Ray Mercer iced a 2x UFC heavyweight champ in 9 seconds. Holly Holm adds her conquest to the list of Boxing vs. MMA history.

Let's be honest though. There isn't an MMA fighter alive that would beat any pro boxer of any level employing Ronda Rousey's strategy from tonight. What a horrid strategy against a pro boxer. She didn't attempt one takedown!
      Ronda doesnt dive for takedowns, she closes the distance and trips from the clinch which is what she was trying to do.
      Holm was just too powerful, is weird because she didnt show any power in her previous fights but thats because most of her opponents respected her, Rousey didnt give a damn and paid for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        The only people who are shocked by this outcome are the people who thought that Rousey couldn't be beaten and adopted the ridiculous idea that Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather or any other male. This category includes about 90 percent of the people who post on this site, but it does not include me.
        ^^^^^^^ This All Day.....

Comment

• We saw a former boxer tonight move laterally and force Rhonda to chase her around. Holm has a 69" reach, and used that to keep Rhonda away with well timed strikes. Rousey was already wobbly before that kick knocked her down. She did nothing but use movement and pure boxing skill to beat Rhonda’s ass.

Floyd Mayweather has a 72" reach, better movement, is far more elusive, would perfectly time every strike the moment Rhonda tries to get close, and he would snap her head straight back all night. That would knock her off balance, frustrate her, and render her timid on approach (if it didn’t straight up KO her). Holm can’t hit as hard as Floyd, or move as well as he can. She certainly isn’t as accurate. Floyd would have to train only to avoid grapples and throws, because his boxing skill would be LEAGUES above anyone in MMA.

What Holm did tonight, Floyd would have done inside of 2:00.

That’s not to discredit Rhonda – she’s an all-time great, a superstar, and will be back. But she wouldn’t touch Floyd in a fight, even under MMA rules. Look, I get it that Floyd is a dick, but can we stop pretending this would even be a contest?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            Uh no he didn't. And no he isn't. You clearly know nothing about the guy and just took someone's word for it.
            Yes he did, do your ****ing homework before speaking. You are obviously upset about what happened tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by low blows View Post
              The fight reminded me of Tyson vs Douglas(except Mike could take a better beating). What Rousey was doing fighting the only fight Holm could win amazed me. Also this fight showed that women can't take a beating like a man could. Rousey was gassed halfway through the first 5 minute round.
              Very true. It really was a mental thing. Holly stayed calm and didn't get sucked into Rhonda's mental game, which in turn let Rhonda collapse on herself by fighting Holly's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                Thanks for posting this Pernell Whitaker-esque slip.

Sums up the skill level difference better than the finishing kick.

Balance. Footwork. Timed shots. Poise.

Sweet stuff, Holly.

Comment

• Why would you box a boxer? I mean that is just the dumbest thing you can possibly do in an MMA fight. You're a ****ing judo artist. Grab her, toss her, and put her to sleep. Ronda Rousey is a joke, and a c*nt. That was fun. I jumped up from my couch when the Preacher's Daughter put her to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    Lennox Lewis when he fought Hasim Rahman the first time he lost focus was going a movie during training time..

Only think in a Rousey vs Holm 2 , I see Holm winning again this time on points , Rousey need to move to 145
                    That skill level was too great. It wasn't an off night like Lennox had and got caught.

The different between these two fighters tonight is simply a case of being in a different class.

I can't see any other outcome if they fought again.

Comment

• Originally posted by low blows View Post
                      ... Also this fight showed that women can't take a beating like a man could. Rousey was gassed halfway through the first 5 minute round.
                      Well... How about 60 secs ?....

Comment

Working...
                      X