No announcement yet.

What's the story behind this picture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the story behind this picture?

Was this before or after their fights? In between? Anyone know? I could've sworn Frazer hated Ali.

PS Epic picture btw. It's like their roles reversed.

They were friends before the first fight. Maybe it's before that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      They were friends before the first fight. Maybe it's before that.
      Thats crazy. I didnt know that. Thanks.

Comment

I've seen the pic before in an old magazine. I think it was before the thrilla in Manilla.

Comment

They were friendly towards each other and Joe Frazier even put money in Ali's pocket while he was banned from fighting in the USA.

Things got nasty between them later on, during the promotions for their fights.

Comment

Ali used to troll Frazier but truth is, Frazier had a kind heart and was always open to Ali even though at times, Ali may not have deserved it. Would not surprise me if this was after all the smack Ali talked about Frazier. Frazier had a maturity that allowed him to see beyond Ali's childish taunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MaraVeeYah! View Post
              Ali used to troll Frazier but truth is, Frazier had a kind heart and was always open to Ali even though at times, Ali may not have deserved it. Would not surprise me if this was after all the smack Ali talked about Frazier. Frazier had a maturity that allowed him to see beyond Ali's childish taunts.
              Actually, Ali never apologized to Frazier (to his face) and Frazier never got over the things Ali said about him.

When Ali got to light the Olympic torch many years later, Joe said.

"It would have been a good thing if he would have lit the torch and fallen in [to the flames]. If I had the chance, I would have pushed him in."

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Actually, Ali never apologized to Frazier (to his face) and Frazier never got over the things Ali said about him.

When Ali got to light the Olympic torch many years later, Joe said.

"It would have been a good thing if he would have lit the torch and fallen in [to the flames]. If I had the chance, I would have pushed him in."
                Pretty harsh words. It seemed to me while watching the Thrilla in Manila documentary that Frazier genuinely hated Ali. But after seeing this pic I thought maybe he was just talking in the heat of the moment.

I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Pretty harsh words. It seemed to me while watching the Thrilla in Manila documentary that Frazier genuinely hated Ali. But after seeing this pic I thought maybe he was just talking in the heat of the moment.

I guess not.
                  ali's public smearing of frazier's reputation got his kid(s) bullied in school, as their father was seen as an uncle tom or traitor or w/e i can't remember the details

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                    ali's public smearing of frazier's reputation got his kid(s) bullied in school, as their father was seen as an uncle tom or traitor or w/e i can't remember the details
                    Thats just crazy man. Ali took it a little bit overboard. Frazier had a legit reason to hate the guy.

It's sad how things turned out.

Comment

Working...
                    X