Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach won't allow Martinez to wear a knee brace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't imagine Sergio's going to be wearing anything with large metal segments in it. Why would he use something that heavy?

The NYSAC have already approved a knee sleeve in any case. How exactly they define the difference between a brace and a sleeve is probably something that will be played out on Friday and Saturday.

Comment

What does the contract say? What does the commission say?

**** Freddie Roach.

Comment

Roach should brace himself for his fighter taking a knee

Comment

lol, I think that's a little too much to get into Martinez's head but honestly, it's probably going to just piss him off more than anything.
          I can't see how there is any advantage with the brace other than that Roach believes by taking it away, Martinez will lose his mobility if he messes up his leg early and Cotto can close in on him?
          Otherwise, it's just another mind game from Roach and not too good of one, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Roach should brace himself for his fighter taking a knee
            LOL, martinez should give the knee brace to cotto instead LOL!!!!!! still going with cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
              i dont think cotto needs a knee brace.

he comes with it. its like robocop's gun holster. it just appears when he's ready to take a knee.
              Lol such a weak attempt of a joke right here

Comment

Cotto fought Foreman while he was wearing a knee brace. That didn't end well.

Hopefully Sergio's people are looking out for his best interests and not just their pockets. If he needs a knee brace to fight, he shouldn't be fighting. Especially at 39 years old.

Comment

I was watching a spanish boxing show called "Golpe a Golpe" recently and it had an interview with Cotto. It was interesting because the interviewer asked Cotto about his thoughts on the rumours going around claiming that Sergio is having knee problems in camp. Cotto shrugged it off and said its not his concern, but any advantage he has or Sergio gives, he will gladly take. Now Freddie won't allow a knee brace, interesting to say the least… I just hope they can truly come in at 100% and give us a good fight. I wouldn't want Sergio to come in hopping on one leg and get wrecked beyond recognition. However, Cotto is right, and this is boxing..

Comment

Does this effect your opinion on the fight? Is Martinez 100%?

Comment

A knee brace would probably be used to keep the ligaments together and prevent injury should Sergio fall awkwardly, I doubt he "needs" it to keep his knee together.

Comment

Working...
                      X