Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Samurai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my experience online the chances of this being real are about 2%. If its real why is the "brother" being so cryptic, not saying what happened, or any real details, just that he died of a brain hemorrhage, which is very broad, and few people just die of a brain hemorrhage, there usually is a stroke involved etc... How about linking the obit to one of his friends on here if you dont want it public, having the friend say, "I saw the obit" and then its proven.

This happened on the ESPN basketball boards a few years ago and is something of legend. Some guy posted as a female Kansas fan for like 3 years, then went on as another name and said she died, then a year later came back and admitted everything. The thread is like a thousand pages long and you can read through all the drama there.

Chances of Samurai being alive and playing a joke 90%. When things dont seem right, they usually arent. What brother, a day after watching their brother die unexpectedly, is going to be like, "Well I got tons of stuff I have to do, but I better go on the internet forums he posted on that I recently started an account on, and let people know that he died." It would have been one thing if he started an account that day, but he didnt.

The fact that its cryptic, the fact that it dont make no sense, the fact that this isnt original and pretty much every message board has one of these just in my mind makes it pretty close to certain this is fake. I mean if he died why not say his real name, who cares. Seriously until someone comes on here other than the brother and is like "yeah I saw the obit" people should assume its fake.

Comment

• R.i.p. Samurai

Comment

• And the "confirmation" upto this point as I can tell is that the "brother" was able to answer questions only Samurai would know, which is moot if the "brother" is Samurai. This is just way too weird to be true and anyone who has ever lost someone close to them probably can tell you the last thought in their head was to make sure people on the internet knew about it and believed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACK View Post
          In my experience online the chances of this being real are about 2%. If its real why is the "brother" being so cryptic, not saying what happened, or any real details, just that he died of a brain hemorrhage, which is very broad, and few people just die of a brain hemorrhage, there usually is a stroke involved etc... How about linking the obit to one of his friends on here if you dont want it public, having the friend say, "I saw the obit" and then its proven.

This happened on the ESPN basketball boards a few years ago and is something of legend. Some guy posted as a female Kansas fan for like 3 years, then went on as another name and said she died, then a year later came back and admitted everything. The thread is like a thousand pages long and you can read through all the drama there.

Chances of Samurai being alive and playing a joke 90%. When things dont seem right, they usually arent. What brother, a day after watching their brother die unexpectedly, is going to be like, "Well I got tons of stuff I have to do, but I better go on the internet forums he posted on that I recently started an account on, and let people know that he died." It would have been one thing if he started an account that day, but he didnt.

The fact that its cryptic, the fact that it dont make no sense, the fact that this isnt original and pretty much every message board has one of these just in my mind makes it pretty close to certain this is fake. I mean if he died why not say his real name, who cares. Seriously until someone comes on here other than the brother and is like "yeah I saw the obit" people should assume its fake.
          I'm gonna believe Jaz's words; very trustworthy person. Anyway, can I have a link to that NBA board?

Comment

And the "confirmation" upto this point as I can tell is that the "brother" was able to answer questions only Samurai would know, which is moot if the "brother" is Samurai. This is just way too weird to be true and anyone who has ever lost someone close to them probably can tell you the last thought in their head was to make sure people on the internet knew about it and believed it.
            You make sense.

Some people get carried away, they mean well.. but at the end of the day it’s a forum with anonymity and nothing can truly be confirmed when so very few really know the man behind the name, where facts are nothing but assumptions and hearsay.

Whether it is true, you must respect them by assuming the worst.

RIP

Comment

In my experience online the chances of this being real are about 2%. If its real why is the "brother" being so cryptic, not saying what happened, or any real details, just that he died of a brain hemorrhage, which is very broad, and few people just die of a brain hemorrhage, there usually is a stroke involved etc... How about linking the obit to one of his friends on here if you dont want it public, having the friend say, "I saw the obit" and then its proven.

good post...gave me something to think about

Comment

• I don't see what's so strange about a brother going on a board and telling us that his brother have past away. Boxingscene meant something to Samurai and his brother knew that.

And he did just that, informed us and then he went on with it, he's not gonna hang around here try to convince us it's true. He's got some serious grieving to do, give him a break..

Comment

Since SAM was never really a guy to do this sort of thing, I doubt it.

The nature of the net, we are all anonymous, or alteast to the majority.

If my brother died, and I knew he was on here everyday, I would log on my account and let everyone know.

He replied to the guys posts, well only a few were made and it seemed like SAM wanted to get this guy into it.

Yes anything can happen, but to confirm a death is almost impossible unless you want a photo of someone dead that you haven't seen.

People do die. That is a fact of life, death follows.

Comment

• Wow this is really weird, my parents just got back from a funeral today, their friend died from a brain injury also, hit his head when drunk, fell asleep, blood clot and died.

R.I.P Sam, you was a cool guy and a great poster.

Comment

• I'm pretty damn shocked and saddened by this. The thing that pisses me off is the classless, thoughtless, some disgraceful comments earlier on in the thread and the tags. Utterly despicable.

Sad to say but in the public domain some will always act twisted, and the overwhelming majority have played true classy merit to a great poster and man.

I was quite friendly with Sam and used to talk with him on PM a fair bit. Right back to his days of the FRKO user name. A good stint before that he actually used a different name for awhile too I think, would be very interested in someone jogging my memory there because the FRKO account was after he'd been away from the boards awhile.

It's odd as a Calzaghe fan I chatted to Sam and abadger a lot and became quite friendly, exchanging some music, signatures and stuff. abadger disapeared and I think his destiny is the same, it's frightening, makes you think. If anyone has a facebook page please pm it to post respectful messages.

We'll continue to pay tribute to one of the finest posters and guys on here.

My utmost condolences to your family and friends, they can be assured he was a fine man thought highly of whom we'll all miss.

RIP my friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X