No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Mayweather-Canelo, De La Hoya, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Mayweather-Canelo, De La Hoya, More

By Robert Morales - When a fighter loses his cool in the ring, it rarely works out well for him. Remember Victor Ortiz and what he did when he became frustrated against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in their fight in September 2011? He couldn't land a clean punch, so he shot his head into Mayweather's face like a battering ram and, well, you know the rest.

Others, like "Sugar" Shane Mosley, started well against Mayweather and then appeared to get lulled to sleep by Mayweather's defensive wizardry.

It's probably going to take a fighter with a calm demeanor, one who doesn't easily get flustered, to beat Mayweather. Golden Boy Promotions executives Richard Schaefer and Eric Gomez believe their guy, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, has that.

[Click Here To Read More]

The many intangibles that are the factors in outcomes can go any which way on any given round at any given fight. Could be the 45th for Mayweather or the 1st for him? We will find out in a few days, i'm giving the kid a great shot at winning this and I think folks have gotten so used to Floyd winning they devalue these fights by coming on here and calling them "Easy" and "A sure thing"...usually that has been the case but they don't realize they themselves take away value from this champions accomplishments by painting all his opponents no-hopers. I have sat back and watched this go on and on and frankly I find it noobish. These are two men risking life and limb for entertainment and pay. This ain't Miami Heat vs The Lakers so folks really need to start showing both men their respect for doing what they do. With that i'm gone...

Comment

I wouldn't go into the fight thinking that all Mayweather throws is jabs and straight rights. If you base you entire fight on that you've already lost. I want to see if Canelo can apply smart pressure for 12 rounds.

Comment

Canelo has already lost his cool calm demeanor & I saw that on episode 4 last night. The kid got all bent out of shape over TMT calling them idiots. He was crying about why Floyd has to say the things he says & Floyd better be able to take as good as he get verbal wise. TMT has already got into his head& when he can't land those clean shots on Floyd he WILL get frustrated. Game. Set. Match......

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          The many intangibles that are the factors in outcomes can go any which way on any given round at any given fight. Could be the 45th for Mayweather or the 1st for him? We will find out in a few days, i'm giving the kid a great shot at winning this and I think folks have gotten so used to Floyd winning they devalue these fights by coming on here and calling them "Easy" and "A sure thing"...usually that has been the case but they don't realize they themselves take away value from this champions accomplishments by painting all his opponents no-hopers. I have sat back and watched this go on and on and frankly I find it noobish. These are two men risking life and limb for entertainment and pay. This ain't Miami Heat vs The Lakers so folks really need to start showing both men their respect for doing what they do. With that i'm gone...
          Good post! I totally agree.

Comment

Canelo might be looking to play chess against a chess master.

Comment

Let see if Canelo can hit Floyd Jr in the Body...Floyd Jr gonna face a boxer with Good looking face, a potential Movie Actor, that can teaming up with Stallone' "Rocky". Indeed, its very interesting fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                Let see if Canelo can hit Floyd Jr in the Body...Floyd Jr gonna face a boxer with Good looking face, a potential Movie Actor, that can teaming up with Stallone' "Rocky". Indeed, its very interesting fight...
                Very good thought, can Canelo hit Jr to the body ?

Watch the ODH fight in slo mo and watch Jr jump in with the left hook and GET COUNTERED BY ODH WITH HIS OWN LEFT HOOK TO the midsection

Whether or not he can Canelo KNOWS all about it

I see it, I visualize it, I couldn't do it but Canelo can, when Jr pot shots and dips to his right he is OPEN for the left hook to the body as well

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  I identify No Hoppers as Cat's that don't think they can Beat Our Hero...
                  Pac and the Cinnamon Man are Hoppers, because they believe the Opposite!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
                    I wouldn't go into the fight thinking that all Mayweather throws is jabs and straight rights. If you base you entire fight on that you've already lost. I want to see if Canelo can apply smart pressure for 12 rounds.
                    yep Floyd knows a variety of different jabs and rights

Comment

Working...
                    X