• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
    Sanders was a tremendous athlete too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      The first point was very relevant. Fury is the tallest and all of the other towering opponents except six five Thompson and six four Pulev have been more oafish than Fury.

But the second was nonsense, Fury is no Haye, Chambers, Ibragomov or Brock in the movement and skills dept.
      Look at how Fury handled Chisora in the second fight compared to the first. He used angles, quick side steps and body movement to confuse Del Boy up close and when he broke away from clinches or exchanges he went to one side or the other, with his chin tucked, not straight back, chin in the air like he used to.

I know Wlad is not Chisora, that's why I can't say for sure that he won't be able to stifle and nullify Fury's work like he has done with everybody else he's faced during the last 10 years.

He's never faced anybody like Fury doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
        Peter Fury has been telling everyone for months what weight Tyson will come in at. I'm amazed that so many people are shocked.

Tyson's plan is to stay mobile and utilise his superior movement and skills to outbox the champion. Anyone who thinks that he's going to run in with his hands down looking for the KO is a complete spastic.
        Precisely. He's going to do what everything thinks can't be done, outbox the champ.

This battle's going to be fought and won on the outside.

Comment

• My prediction of how the first round's gonna go down:

Wlad comes out cagey in a wide stance, stalking Fury who skips around the ring feinting and throwing jabs on the balls of his feet. Fury launches a quick combo and they tie up, Fury taking the opportunity to rabbit punch Wlad in the clinch and grin to the crowd. Fight goes back to the pattern outlined above. Wlad launches a few straight rights that Fury avoids, and a leaping left hook that Fury catches on the gloves but which lands with some authority. Fight goes back to pattern. Fury manages to sneak in a sneaky power punch off the double jab, they tie up again. Wlad begins stalking him with more authority, catches him on the gloves with a few sharp hooks as the round ends. 10-10.

Anyone see something similar occurring?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            He did that in the Vlad-Pulev fight, he didn't allow them to try and fight it out on the inside at all.
            This has become a trend these days. A lot of refs are too quick to break fighters apart and as result, have negated the possibility of any 'in-fighting.'

However, Steve Smoger will always let the fighters grapple and fight their way out of the clinch. We need more refs like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              This has become a trend these days. A lot of refs are too quick to break fighters apart and as result, have negated the possibility of any 'in-fighting.'

However, Steve Smoger will always let the fighters grapple and fight their way out of the clinch. We need more refs like him.
              Yes, this fight could get frustrating to watch for this reason. If Vlad tries to hold Fury all the time, Fury should be allowed to fight himself out and force Vlad to fight at the same time. I would like to see Vlad in a real dog fight, Fury if anybody can give that to him if allowed., with his size, grit and resilience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post

This battle's going to be fought and won on the outside.
                Fury will attempt to fight on the outside, his only option if he is to survive is keep moving, can he do this for 12 rounds in a small ring and being a big a target as he is. Haye proved elusive and had far superior movement to Fury, with his ducking, bobbing and weaving coupled with his flop and flee fight plan Wlad was still able to nail him extremely hard at times.

I don't see Tyson 'Fists of Fluff' '2 Hands 11 Fingers' Fury going the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Yes, this fight could get frustrating to watch for this reason. If Vlad tries to hold Fury all the time, Fury should be allowed to fight himself out and force Vlad to fight at the same time. I would like to see Vlad in a real dog fight, Fury if anybody can give that to him if allowed., with his size, grit and resilience.
                  I'm rooting for Wlad but I also want to see him in a tough fight where he has to overcome some adversity. I don't think Fury is going to let Wlad tie him up and clinch him. I think they'll be a lot of rough housing once the fighters get in close.

Comment

• If Wlad tries to hold Fury all the time, he should be warned and then subsequently docked points. It's not boxing.

Comment

• Been feeling so busy lately but god damn last week we got Canelo-Cotto and now we get the greatest fight for the Heavyweight title in years!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X