Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman vs Porter: Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman puts Porter to sleep, end of story....

Comment

Probably my two fav welters, I'm leaning towards Porter by razor thin UD atm but it's a 50-50 fight.

Comment

Yeah, Porter is the type of strong inside fighter that Thurman tends to put on his track shoes for . When Thurman first emerged on cable tv, he was fed some guys and easily stood in the pocket and knocked them out.

He got in there with Chaves and Soto Karass ...punches were coming back at him, and that when he found his bike. Porter is another dude that will light Thurman up if he elects to stand and trade. Thurman goes into movement mode and gets close SD.

I can see Thurman keeping his distance, holding, smothering inside, and tagging Porter for SD win.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          i like both fighters and agree with your post. the thing that bothers me is that these to guy sparred before and are to nice to each other in the media.
          I wouldn't worry about it. Boxers can be good friends and still try their best to win. They are fighting for bigger paydays in the future so they put friendship aside.

Comment

This would be a good even fight between two high ranked welterweights. Top contenders fighting each other should happen much more often than it does these days. Thurman seems fragile to me so I voted Porter by KO. If it goes the distance I think Thurman would win. Thurman could also win by KO. It's a good fight and a close one with any ending quite possible.

Comment

when in the hell is this fight going to happen? I haven't heard anything in a while. wouldn't be surprised if al gaymon is having second thoughts about allowing this fight to happen we all know he rarely puts his best fighters against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                I can see Thurman keeping his distance, holding, smothering inside, and tagging Porter for SD win.
                Porter already does that to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Porter already does that to himself.
                  At his best, Porter has one of, if the best, inside game in the WW division.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                    when in the hell is this fight going to happen?
                    F#cking this. Heard nothing, then its Dec. 12, heard nothing & than its not Dec.12, than its Jan. 23, heard nothing & than its not Jan. 23 (it would seem anyway, can't see this as a co-feature to Garcia vs Guerrero) & now what the f#ck is going on.

I think this is a super close fight & I'm really excited to watch it whenever it happens. I wanna see Thurman win, but if I was making a pick today I'd probably go with Porter (although I don't love that he got dropped by Broner).

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      F#cking this. Heard nothing, then its Dec. 12, heard nothing & than its not Dec.12, than its Jan. 23, heard nothing & than its not Jan. 23 (it would seem anyway, can't see this as a co-feature to Garcia vs Guerrero) & now what the f#ck is going on.

I think this is a super close fight & I'm really excited to watch it whenever it happens.

Same here, I think it's a toss-up 50-50 fight. Like you said the date keeps moving though and we still haven't heard the official announcement yet.

Just hope Haymon and PBC aren't having second thoughts about making this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X