No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I've Studied Golovkin, I Know His Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    I think Lara could have beaten Canelo that night if he just stepped on the gas a lil bit more. It was his own fault he lost. Even when the fight was close you dont deserve to win with a effort like that.
    It had nothing to do with stepping on the gas he refused to engage at all because he was scared if he did he was going to get knocked the f out by canelo. So he just backed up and ran all night and embarrassed himself. Any other fighter you face a ppv big name fighter for the first time and win or lose if the fight is close you increase your fanbase. Instead Lara lost more fans by stinking up the joint now he has a major stigma attached to him and has only himself to blame. If he fought like a man but got knocked out by canelo he would actually have a bigger fanbase and his career would be in better shape today then what it is. The fight with canelo from a scoring stand point was close. Most had canelo winning, some had a draw, few had Lara winning. But whatever you scored it is irrelevant at thia point because how terrible the fight was to watch thanks to Lara. So no fans want to see it again or him for that matter. He'll need a string of exciting fights against non washed up irrelevant fighters to gain the trust in fans again.

Comment

Well move to 160 and press the fight on K2 and Golovkin but If the Canelo fight is possible for May then I somehow doubt you'll get G before then.

Comment

Loeffler doesn't have any issues with Haymon so don't see any trouble in this fight being made. The only trouble would be the mandatory fight if they don't agree to let Canelo fight someone else on May 5th.

Comment

I just think GGG would be far too much for Lara. Lara barely handled Molina and vanes and just got draws against them... GGG is strong middleweight, Lara is just jr. middleweight. Lara should continue fighting 154 guys, Charlos, Clottey, Hatley, Andrade...
          Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 11-27-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Loeffler doesn't have any issues with Haymon so don't see any trouble in this fight being made. The only trouble would be the mandatory fight if they don't agree to let Canelo fight someone else on May 5th.
            The problem isn't with haymon beefing with Loeffler it's haymon beefing with HBO. why is Lara calling out fighters who have promoters and networks that he knows haymon doesn't deal with instead of calling out fighters who are in the same haymon bubble as him?

Comment

Not Going To Happen

Look this fight will never happen. Unless Lara fights on HBO and even then I don't think HBO would be interested based on the amount of viewership Lara would garner.

He needs to first fight one of the Charlo's, J-Roc, and Andrade. He's a tough sell to the public based solely on the style, not his skill.

GGG is interested in making a BIG TIME MONEY FIGHT (Canelo or Money May) and that's not against Lara. Sorry but Lara who is like Rigo doesn't put butts in seats or move the meter television view wise.

I think the reason why PBC fighters call out HBO fighters is because that's where the bigger names are also the bigger money. Even though the majority of PBC main attractions get paid a little over a million they will never make that money that GGG, Canelo, Cotto, GGG, and Pac make. Those guys probably double if not triple the amount they make per fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                The problem isn't with haymon beefing with Loeffler it's haymon beefing with HBO. why is Lara calling out fighters who have promoters and networks that he knows haymon doesn't deal with instead of calling out fighters who are in the same haymon bubble as him?
                It depends who the fighter is. Artur Beterbiev was given permission to negotiate with Kovalev for a potential fight on HBO.

Lara is in a similar position where he is not the champion and not a huge money guy for Haymon.

Golovkin's team have made no effort to make that fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Me thinks Lara isn't all that happy with the Haymon alliance, out of the boxers on that list in terms of skills he's probably had the least success of all.

Comment

I'm sure Lara would make Golovkin look bad for at least 6 rounds, if not the whole fight. Lara is great at making people look bad win or lose.

Golovkin would probably drop Lara 2 or 3 times and win a 115-111 type decision but I highly doubt they would risk it before fighting Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      get very little credit from the guys who seem to think lara is ducking lara.
                      He'll get more credit than fighting anyone he has fought. Only people who won't give Golovkin credit for the win seem to be the same people who claim Golovkin shouldn't fight Lara because he won't get credit. (you) The guys who think Golovkin should fight Lara will give him credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X