No announcement yet.

David Price: The Future of the Heavyweight division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    I a not lying but his punching power is on the level of the very best heavies in any era

He is not as skilled as them but because he is so tall, he can fight safely behind his jab and then one big right and they are feeling the pain

He is the best heavy in the uk, I am sure he would even defeat david haye, i would not put it past him to ko wlad, he is a bigger puncher than haye for sure
    I am sorry but I can't say Price's power is up there with Foreman or Tyson until he actually knocks out a top class fighter. Not saying he won't be but it's to early to say stuff like that.

I don't like the stand up style never have and never will but I don't mind Price he looks like a very good prospect.
    Last edited by davros2010; 05-20-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
      Remember the name David Price my friends. The future undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the world.
      Give him 3 to 4 really good fights. Hopefully, those fights will go the distance so that he perfects his skills. If he does that, he could be unstoppable. He should fight other up and coming top 15 to top 20 guys. Then two fights against 10 guys. Then if he can beat a guy who is a belt contender he'll be ready to take the show. The important thing is not to take the David Haye route. Give him two years and there will be no one who can stop him.

Comment

Hes a very good prospect no doubt, plenty of ability and he may be one face Wladimir Klitschko in the future, if hes still around in a few years. However I do have some worries about his chin, he has been droped and knocked out before as an amateur. And I wonder how he would fare in taking on a heavy puncher. Heres a video of him being ko'ed in the amateurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhWiAuxj-AE

Comment

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
          I am sorry but I can't say Price's power is up there with Foreman or Tyson until he actually knocks out a top class fighter. Not saying he won't be but it's to early to say stuff like that.

I don't like the stand up style never have and never will but I don't mind Price he looks like a very good prospect.
          Well when you say "Top class fighters" I amuse you use the term loosely as how many truly "Top class fighters" did Tyson knock out?.............. not many at all.

Comment

I'm not surprised Fury is running from him. I think price should beat up on Helenius sometime soon.

Comment

He has potential but he's not in his early twenties anymore. He needs to up his level of opponents and then hopefully he'll fight and smash them robotic Klits.

Comment

his standard of opponents so far is fine. he's only had 13 fights, and mcdermott and sexton are proven handy fighters. he still needs four or more fights before he should be thrown in with a champion.

Comment

Working...
                X