Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's September fight is going to have be vs a viable opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is so special that barring Manny Pacquaio, and even he's an underdog, that nobody from the stacked weight classes of 140 to 154 is a viable fight...

Id like Pac or GGG/Martinez but failing that a young buck who's live and can bang like Keith Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      So you think floyd wanted to fight Devon instead of ghost and NSB talked him out of it?

Which fighters fit the criteria of "has a chance of losing against"?
      Money talked him out it. People werent going to buy it. Just like the way money is talking Floyd out of picking Khan. Floyd always talks about PPV numbers and doesnt want a let down.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
        Money talked him out it. People werent going to buy it. Just like the way money is talking Floyd out of picking Khan. Floyd always talks about PPV numbers and doesnt want a let down.
        If you really think this so be it.

Who are the fighters in september that would fit the criteria of "has a chance of losing against"?

Comment

I hope he fights Danny Garcia in September. That was the fight that should have happened this May.

But he better fight someone like that if he doesn't at least fight Maidana, and chooses Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
            Exactly. He is number 1 in the sport he needs to fight at a higher catch weight or 154. There is no one left at 147. Bradley and Pac thats it. Neither of those fights are happening so he needs to go up. Floyd's to good for his own good.
            I hoped bradley would leave top rank so he could fight floyd in september or next year but that didnt happen...

At 154 there is lara but it probably won't sell so i don't see it happening.

The best fight that should have taken place is martinez at 154 or a catchweight. I don't get why it didn't happen. Martinez looks beatable and he is willing to move down for floyd. The other big fight at 154 is golovkin but the chances for that is slim to none.

Comment

Working...
            X