Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheist pwns a couple of ******s on Faux News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im down with the whole then just do drugs thing.If they threw some LSD on the communion wafers Id have no problem going to church and believing some magical sky being was checkin me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I agree.....two wrongs don't make a right and if Atheists are coming from the logical, scientific point of view, don't you think it's childish to say the least to stop down to the level of people who believe in Santa Clause?
      In an ideal world men put their pride to one side and forget about people being condescending and patronising, then move on.

However this is not an ideal world and people don't take that kind of nonsense.

Comment

Oh look! Another thread about religious people being idiots, and atheists pwning!

Comment

So you comment and bump the thread anyway.

Genius.

Comment

hahaha i like silverman. That guy always seems to get things right. To bad Religious nuts are too "ignorant" and don't understand what he saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              In an ideal world men put their pride to one side and forget about people being condescending and patronising, then move on.

However this is not an ideal world and people don't take that kind of nonsense.
              It's not about pride though, it's about tolerance and respect. We can't have a civilized discussion about things is mockery is the first approach.

Comment

"People should act like atheist when it comes to natural disaster". WTF? I have lived most of my life in an island in the Caribbean. This island is full of religious fanatics. We have a threat every year of natural disaster. Before anyone goes to church or start praying, they get prepare. They buy the necessary foods, water, batteries for important electronics appliances and some people still use candles. What makes him think that christian and religious people dont plan for the worst?

If people want to believe in anything, let them be. They are free to do it. It seems hypocritical of atheist to act like the same way that religious fanatics act with their no tolerance to other belief. Making a mockery is not going to change their opinion of their "gods" or whatever they believe in. Acting like they are much better or more intelligent is not so different from them telling you that you will burn in hell. Then they have the audacity to ask why this world is so eff up.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  1.) That's because she's a typical religious ****** whose ideas are inconsistent with her beliefs.

2.) He had to be condescending and intolerant, otherwise he wouldn't have managed to get a single word in during that conversation. They'd have just talked over him and cut him off like the way they do every guest of an opposing view.

Kudos to him for not cowering on his beliefs and attempting to 'make nice' with that group of dunces for the sake of airtime.
                  I remember seeing this video some time ago, and commenting that the atheist came across just as the religious antagonists. The question may appear dumb, but it does seem many religious people dont understand atheism, and see it as anti-religion, which for most, it isnt. He could have answered the questions calmly and if they interrupted, simply of asked if he could finish his point. This way, he not only advertises atheism as civil and reasoned, but also highlights how rude the news anchors were being.

Plus i cant stand the 'invisible man in the sky' thing. It makes atheists look dumb. God obviously isnt an invisible man in the sky. Its the same as a creationist saying, 'evolutionists believe a monkey gave birth to a man'. If atheists are concerned with intelligence and truth, why purposefully distort the truth of religious belief? Its a juvenile tactic.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Actually I disagree on the second point. He did not have to be condescending or intolerant but chose to do so to get attention and probably the main reason he is on the show to begin with.

What the lady said was 100% true, in that prayer does in fact give comfort to millions of people. Now whether or not it works or there or isn't a god is inconsequential.

Prayer does bring comfort in the same way talking to a close friend or loved on about an issue you may be having. Or thinking positive thoughts, or seeing a psychologist about an issue you are dealing with. None of them are guaranteed to work or even help, but it does bring comfort or at least makes you feel better.

I have no issue with Atheists, I just don't think people need to be condescending or insulting to those who do believe.
                  I agree with this. Religion can be accused of many things, and some aspects are downright immoral, even evil, but the trouble is, on a personal level, religion has evolved with humanity, and prayer does help people an awful lot everyday. It can strengthen peoples resolve, encourage positivity and give them hope. So i dont think God is only for the weak minded and stupid. Didnt Newton believe in God? (can'o'worms)

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    I agree with this. Religion can be accused of many things, and some aspects are downright immoral, even evil, but the trouble is, on a personal level, religion has evolved with humanity, and prayer does help people an awful lot everyday. It can strengthen peoples resolve, encourage positivity and give them hope. So i dont think God is only for the weak minded and stupid. Didnt Newton believe in God? (can'o'worms)
                    You made a good point about how religion has evolved with mankind. I think this is true to a certain extent and the reason so many religions have come and gone.

The biggest misconception is that the world of god is eternal, well books like the Bible, Quran and Torah are not eternal because they cannot keep up with science. Science is literally growing exponentially, and so therefore a lot of the morals and teaching in those holy books are falling by the waist side.

I do think religion can bring comfort, even morality but in the end Atheists should take a more intelligent and humble approach to these things to get their point across, not come of as arrogant and obnoxious.

Comment

No matter what the guy says catholics, mormans, and jehovahs witnesses are always at every major disaster helping everybody they can. Havent seen any richard dawkins followers showing up at hurricane season or when tsunamis hit. So Helping hands usually are praying lips.

Comment

Working...
                      X