No announcement yet.

Holyfield v. Botha is on UK Television

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield v. Botha is on UK Television

Out of curiosity more than anything, I was planning on staying up to try and watch this fight online or find some commentary from the US.

It has had next to no media attention in the UK and nobody seemed to be under the impression that it was being broadcast on British shores.

I was, therefore, amazed to find the fight is being sold on PPV on Prime Time for £5.95. I booked it straight away.

Normally, when I book a fight on PPV, loads of mates come round and we tuck into a few crates. Unsurprisingly, none were interested in this bout...!!

When I booked over the telephone, I asked the lovely girl on the other end of the phone if there's been much interest in the fight. "No, not at all." She said. "We're hoping it'll pick up around 2am" she added.

Anyway, the fight doesn't start until 4am British time so going to be a late night and I need to be up at nine tomorrow. Groan. But very curious about this fight, the potentially tiny crowd in attendace and how the two guys perform. Hoping they both come threw unhurt and that Holyfield captures the belt. Not confident though.

yer i knew it was primetime, but that coverage quite frankly sucks ass. and i would only watch the fight for free tbh. i heard there was only 1000 tickets sold aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
      yer i knew it was primetime, but that coverage quite frankly sucks ass. and i would only watch the fight for free tbh. i heard there was only 1000 tickets sold aswell.
      Looking forward to seeing the coverage as it doesn't quite seem as slick as Box Office on the adverts. Have never bought a fight from Prime Time before though.

How many people do you think will buy the fight on PPV in the UK?

If they really have sold less than 1,000 tickets in Vegas then it's a huge embarrassment and will no doubt make a huge loss for organisers.

Anyway, come on 'Real Deal'

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_Cardiff View Post
        When I booked over the telephone, I asked the lovely girl on the other end of the phone if there's been much interest in the fight. "No, not at all." She said. "We're hoping it'll pick up around 2am" she added.
        I had to laff at that part. :laff2: You worded it in a funny way.

Comment

ppv numbers in the u.k will be shocking lol. primetime suck at hyping a fight, i only noticed the channel a couple of months ago because i was bored one night and decided to channel flick lol. apart from that i would not have known about the channel. but it will do horrible numbers due to the berto fight on aswell at the same time for free on better coverage.

Comment

We talking in the hundreds, you think?
            I'm not sure how to estimate this - but I was surprised Prime Time had operators on hand to take calls person-to-person. What the girl told me suggested there has been next to no interest though.

Prime Time does have some great fights - like the Froch bouts. But they don't seen to be very good at promoting them. Sky Box Office is the undisputed king - no doubt.

Comment

Working...
            X