No announcement yet.

How Textbook is Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    What I notice are quite a few instances where he punches without tucking his chin. I am not sure how he is able to get away with it.

Tucking your chin in as you punch is one of the first things they teach inside of boxing gyms.
    I think as he says, it looks different from the outside, he's such an intelligent boxer than when it looks like there's an opening with his chin, you throw, and you get caught with a few right hands, it makes you less likely to fall for the same trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
      I think as he says, it looks different from the outside, he's such an intelligent boxer than when it looks like there's an opening with his chin, you throw, and you get caught with a few right hands, it makes you less likely to fall for the same trap.
      ah very interesting

it's like he's showing his chin as a feint to draw them out, so he can counter

I'll have to watch his fights more closely. I've seen the exposed chin in photos, so it's just the photos just capture one specific moment. Photos aren't real time and dynamic like video.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        ah very interesting

it's like he's showing his chin as a feint to draw them out, so he can counter

I'll have to watch his fights more closely. I've seen the exposed chin in photos, so it's just the photos just capture one specific moment. Photos aren't real time and dynamic like video.
        Everything he does is for a counter.

Very intelligent fighter

Comment

Cotto exposed Mayweather Jr., he can be hit...he probably forgot to protect his nose!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
            Cotto exposed Mayweather Jr., he can be hit...he probably forgot to protect his nose!
            Yup, them 5 jabs they kept showing really ****ed him up.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
              Textbook = JMM
              JMM is way too wide open and throws a lot of looping, off-balance shots. Arguello had a much more textbook offense as a counterpuncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                Exposed him by winning two rounds.

What the **** was Marquez III then?

Comment

Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History > How Textbook is Floyd Mayweather?

Remember when this used to be the history section?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History > How Textbook is Floyd Mayweather?

I don't blame them.

Even in here we've already had someone allege that Cotto exposed Mayweather. In NSB you'd be lucky for it to just be that.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post

id say it kinda belongs, the idea of textbook boxing is a historical idea thats been around for quite some time, giving those with good knowledge of the history of boxing a better idea of what textbook is. so essentially your comparing something from the past (textbook) to something of the present (mayweather) which dosnt make this very diffrent then a marciano vs klitschko thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X