No announcement yet.

Americans View of Russia, Worst Its Ever Been According to Gallup Polls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
    Is that so? Well, let's thank the US everyone. USA invades Afghanistan, it's cool. USA invades Iraq, it's cool. USA invades Grenada, Panama, Vietnam, etc. And it's cool. A few groups of rebels start a war and everyone points their fingers at Russia.

Oh and I'm glad you pointed out that video was about Ukraine. That makes it sooooo much better. Only 16% of Americans know where Ukraine is? That's fine, let's just send over some weapons anyways. I mean did you watch the video? People though it was IN the US! Or in Canada, or Madagascar! Shows just how much people know...
    You base what our foreign policy should be on what some uneducated simpletons of the American populace know about geography? Just another reason why the democratic party is a complete joke, basing their principles on sensationalism and how they 'feel'. North Vietnam was committing atrocities and genocide against South Vietnamese to unite the country as a communist nation. The US stepped in initially to aid South Vietnamese in the fight against the secular movement directly attacking their way of life. Vietcong made it clear they wanted a war and they got one with their offensive advances toward the American military stationed there. Afghanistan was a hot bed of terrorist and the operating epicenter of Al Qaeda who took full unwavering responsibility for the September 11th attacks. Invading Afghanistan after the crippling psychological attack on our soil, along with the Taliban unwilling to comply with demands of handing over Bin Laden and Al Qaeda members was a must to ensure the celebratory sentiment of the nation wouldn't go unpunished. Iraq is a different story, and under the leadership of the sadistic dictator Saddam Hussein who then had the fourth largest army in the world, all signs pointed to the growing threat. What led to the decision to topple Saddam's regime for a democratic nation was because he was unwilling to handover WMD's. As information is now being released CIA has reported that 400 documented WMD war heads were acquired by the CIA during our occupation over there.

Comment

Is that so? Well, let's thank the US everyone. USA invades Afghanistan, it's cool. USA invades Iraq, it's cool. USA invades Grenada, Panama, Vietnam, etc. And it's cool. A few groups of rebels start a war and everyone points their fingers at Russia.
      I dont recall the U.S. annexing any of those territories and making them part of the U.S.A. And those few groups of rebels are funded and supplied completely by the Russian government and aided by their military, latest reports read that they are now better equipped than some NATO countries. In fact the whole rebellion is a synthetic fabrication construed by the Kremlin, it's a Russian invasion all in but name. The same type as it was in George, and Moldova. In addition stop comparing Russia to USA, the two countries are nothing alike.

Oh and I'm glad you pointed out that video was about Ukraine. That makes it sooooo much better. Only 16% of Americans know where Ukraine is? That's fine, let's just send over some weapons anyways. I mean did you watch the video? People though it was IN the US! Or in Canada, or Madagascar! Shows just how much people know...
      A person doesn't need to know the location of Ukraine in order to determine what Russia is doing there is wrong. In fact why are you defending Russia from the comfort of Canada? Generally no one who is not Russian supports Russian antics right now. Not the Canadians, Not the citizens of US, the Europeans, the Japanese, and basically the whole swathe of the civilized world condemns Russias actions. Stop justifying and defending evil.
      Last edited by Enayze; 02-18-2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Yes, actually I am. The U.S. should have never invaded Iraq to rid its evil dictator who routinely murdered his own people. You know why? Iraq was better off with Saddam Hussein than the mess it is now.

The world is a much more unstable and dangerous place because we invaded and occupied Iraq. The fall of Iraq spurred the Arab spring that resulted in numerous governments being overthrown and now those countries are extremely volatile and unsafe.

And what about all the American lives lost in that war? And trillions of dollars spend there?
        In reference to Iraq, hindsight is 20/20, the general rule learned from history is that evil has to be stopped immediately before it grows out of control. As mentioned before when U.S. involved itself in other places of the world those places generally began to thrive, ie South Korea, Japan, Germany, Israel, etc..

Iraq is a wild gambit in that it's encompassed by Islamic extremism, which too, has to be stopped. Or are you opposed about constraining ISIS as well?

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        The people of Eastern Ukraine are NOT terrorists, they are just ordinary people who want to be free of the Kiev regime.

Even NATO realizes that:

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/01...not-terrorists
        You do realize all the links you present to attempt to support your narrative are complete trash. I'm surprised you havent used infowars yet.

Ukraine army puts prisoners into a cage, the rebels treat prisoners in hospitals like their own (which they are).

Kiev Regime's Official Policy for East Ukraine is Starvation, Torture, Rape and Murder

http://www.globalresearch.ca/kiev-re...murder/5422112
        Kiev regimes policy in East Ukraine is to drive Russian backed terrorists from its territory and restore peace as it was prior to 2014. Those people were doing just fine before Russia invaded. Now please stop with your propaganda.
        Last edited by Enayze; 02-18-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          I dont recall the U.S. annexing any of those territories and making them part of the U.S.A. And those few groups of rebels are funded and supplied completely by the Russian government and aided by their military, latest reports read that they are now better equipped than some NATO countries. In fact the whole rebellion is a synthetic fabrication construed by the Kremlin, it's a Russian invasion all in but name. The same type as it was in George, and Moldova. In addition stop comparing Russia to USA, the two countries are nothing alike.

A person doesn't need to know the location of Ukraine in order to determine what Russia is doing there is wrong. In fact why are you defending Russia from the comfort of Canada? Generally no one who is not Russian supports Russian antics right now. Not the Canadians, Not the citizens of US, the Europeans, the Japanese, and basically the whole swathe of the civilized world condemns Russias actions. Stop justifying and defending evil.
          You're right, I don't recall the US annexing any countries either. I mean they're just merely occupying them until they get what they need and then they pull out when there's nothing left. You tear countries down and leave them to pay for your actions, but as long as you're not annexing them it's fine I guess.

Why am I defending Russia from the comfort of Canada? Simple really, my mothers side is Russian and my grandparents now reside in Moldova, I was born in Russia. You still won't even reveal your location yet you defend Ukraine and the USA. In fact, you literally just told me how the citizens of the the US, Europe, Japan, and apparently, "the whole swathe of the civilized world" is condemning Russia's actions. Stop comparing Russia and the US? Why? Isn't the thread about the American opinion of Russia? Easy to be a hypocrite isn't it?

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
          You base what our foreign policy should be on what some uneducated simpletons of the American populace know about geography? Just another reason why the democratic party is a complete joke, basing their principles on sensationalism and how they 'feel'. North Vietnam was committing atrocities and genocide against South Vietnamese to unite the country as a communist nation. The US stepped in initially to aid South Vietnamese in the fight against the secular movement directly attacking their way of life. Vietcong made it clear they wanted a war and they got one with their offensive advances toward the American military stationed there. Afghanistan was a hot bed of terrorist and the operating epicenter of Al Qaeda who took full unwavering responsibility for the September 11th attacks. Invading Afghanistan after the crippling psychological attack on our soil, along with the Taliban unwilling to comply with demands of handing over Bin Laden and Al Qaeda members was a must to ensure the celebratory sentiment of the nation wouldn't go unpunished. Iraq is a different story, and under the leadership of the sadistic dictator Saddam Hussein who then had the fourth largest army in the world, all signs pointed to the growing threat. What led to the decision to topple Saddam's regime for a democratic nation was because he was unwilling to handover WMD's. As information is now being released CIA has reported that 400 documented WMD war heads were acquired by the CIA during our occupation over there.
          Oh no, 9/11? A few people die and suddenly you have to commence a war that leaves thousands of civilians dead, wounded or homeless? Even if you did remove part of the threat in Afghanistan you did more damage than good. Using uranium depleted rounds in civilian zones, murdering countless civilians, destroying cities. Saddam Hussein would've been dead before he did a tenth of the damage you fools did by invading, Vietnam would have been better off without all the casualties you caused. Forcing civilians to live in tunnels, burning villages to the ground because of "suspected" Vietcong.

Even NATO admits the invasion of Iraq was illegal. But of course if the US did it it's cool.

Comment

You're right, I don't recall the US annexing any countries either. I mean they're just merely occupying them until they get what they need and then they pull out when there's nothing left. You tear countries down and leave them to pay for your actions, but as long as you're not annexing them it's fine I guess.
            Do you realize how much money U.S. invested in rebuilding Iraq? More money went into Iraq and Afghanistan operations than Russias whole economy. And yes, as long as US is there to create order and make life better for ordinary citizens and not annex the territory then absolutely it's alright. Name me places Russia invaded or interfered with, where life has become better... Cuba, North Korea, Syria?

Why am I defending Russia from the comfort of Canada? Simple really, my mothers side is Russian and my grandparents now reside in Moldova, I was born in Russia. You still won't even reveal your location yet you defend Ukraine and the USA. In fact, you literally just told me how the citizens of the the US, Europe, Japan, and apparently, "the whole swathe of the civilized world" is condemning Russia's actions. Stop comparing Russia and the US? Why? Isn't the thread about the American opinion of Russia? Easy to be a hypocrite isn't it?
            I live in NJ, USA, and you need to stop comparing US to Russia because they are nothing alike. One is a democratic, mostly non corrupt, economic powerhouse. The other is a corrupt dictatorship, with an economy that isn't even the strongest in Europe. The only hypocrite here is the one who lives in a NATO country, that enjoys western institutions and freedoms, but supports a dictatorial, corrupt country.
            Last edited by Enayze; 02-18-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Its by design. They made us look bad when we wanted to invade "liberate" Syria.

Comment

Oh no, 9/11? A few people die and suddenly you have to commence a war that leaves thousands of civilians dead, wounded or homeless? Even if you did remove part of the threat in Afghanistan you did more damage than good. Using uranium depleted rounds in civilian zones, murdering countless civilians, destroying cities. Saddam Hussein would've been dead before he did a tenth of the damage you fools did by invading, Vietnam would have been better off without all the casualties you caused. Forcing civilians to live in tunnels, burning villages to the ground because of "suspected" Vietcong.

Even NATO admits the invasion of Iraq was illegal. But of course if the US did it it's cool.

The same goes for the rest of the world's nations yearning to represent their God given freedom from oppressive powers that enact control. End Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  I live in NJ, USA, and you need to stop comparing US to Russia because they are nothing alike. One is a democratic, mostly non corrupt, economic powerhouse. The other is a corrupt dictatorship, with an economy that isn't even the strongest in Europe. The only hypocrite here is the one who lives in a NATO country, that enjoys western institutions and freedoms, but supports a dictatorial, corrupt country.
                  I typically visit Russia once a year, where I have family and friends. I also Skype with these same people a few times a week at least. No one, and I mean no one complains about life in Russia. If you think it's because the "secret police" or whatever bullsht you talk about will pull people out of there homes and kill them, then explain why family would lie to one another's face, when there is nothing to hide or be worried about.

You live in NJ? This whole argument makes more sense now. Hahaha a "corrupt dictatorship". Easy to say when you've most likely never even been there. I also find it funny how you said the US invested "more money than Russia's economy" whatever that means, when your country has the highest debt in the world. Show me what the US has built in Iraq or Afghanistan.

And why are you comparing Russia to the USSR? Cuba? Really Cuba? The USSR killed more Russians than the Nazi's. The biggest threat to the Russians was the dictatorship they were living in, if that's what you think it is right now you need to open your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post

The same goes for the rest of the world's nations yearning to represent their God given freedom from oppressive powers that enact control. End Thread.
                    What Reagan says is partly true. Reagan and JFK were my all time favourite American presidents, but you have to understand this was a different time, this is when there was no "Russia" but instead the USSR. As stated above I, and most Russian people at the did not agree with the choices of the government.

Comment

Well this is interesting

Comment

Working...
                      X