Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios Erupts: VADA Was Unprepared, They F***ed Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me get this straight out of all the contaminants that can be found in a cup/glass they find diuretics in your pee and it came from the drinking glass...good luck with that explanation homie...we don't believe you. We could possibly test every drinking glass on earth with hotels/restaurants and the likelihood of finding a diuretic in one is like .000000000000000000001%. If this had happened in a gym or any athletic based environment i'd believe it could happen..as it stands not a shot in hell of getting me to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      If VADA did not follow regulated protocols when collecting the sample then the results have to be dismissed.

It is that simple really.
      Yes. That's why Margaret Goodman has to adress this issue ASAP. If Rios is correct, VADA would lose a lot of credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by john_uphold View Post
        dumb.. he got caught and it was THEIR fault.. unprepared or prepared for the test,he still cheated, even if they made him piss into a glass cup, jug, or gatorade bottle, smh

While his reputation is probably harmed with the fans, if the procedure was in anyway altered the sample is contaminated and invalid, any fines or suspensions he received will be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I want to know what Margaret Goodman has to say.
          she had already a couple of days ago

"The urine specimen was collected by a highly reputable collection organization and experienced collection officers who routinely collect samples for the Olympic movement," Goodman said. "The specimen was collected, as per protocol, in a sterile vessel that was in factory-sealed packaging prior to the collection. The athlete chose among several sterile vessels in individually sealed packaging. At no time was the specimen in a drinking glass, as has been reported. The athlete signed the paperwork at the collection site, specifically confirming that the sample had been collected according to protocol. Neither the athlete nor any members of his team reported anything unusual at the collection, after the collection, nor after the test results were reported to the athlete, promoter, commission, and ABC on December 2nd. The athlete was given seven days to request the B sample analysis, but he did not respond."

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...tocol-in-macau

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
            I am not making any excuses for anyone, but I can tell you for a fact that their are false positives and funny business when testing.

I once did a hair sample drug testing for a job, and when the results came back it said I tested positive for cocaine.

How can I test positive for cocaine if I had never done cocaine in my life. LOL.

But no matter how much I protested, they believed their results.
            Oh man! - Denial! You must have a serious psychological addiction...

It's the way it works tho, although I genuinely did have a substance misuse problem when I was (a lot) younger, subsequent testing turned up false positives almost on 10% of tests - I knew I'd not taken anything, and on a couple of those occasions was able to turn up a likely reason for the positive - but yeah, as you say proving your innocence is next to impossible.

I obviously can't say for sure what the situation was with Rios, but can say that although I believe testing needs to be undertaken in the sport and abhor those who cheat, a healthy degree of scepticism is necessary in these situations (towards both athletes and testers).

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              So let me get this straight out of all the contaminants that can be found in a cup/glass they find diuretics in your pee and it came from the drinking glass...good luck with that explanation homie...we don't believe you. We could possibly test every drinking glass on earth with hotels/restaurants and the likelihood of finding a diuretic in one is like .000000000000000000001%. If this had happened in a gym or any athletic based environment i'd believe it could happen..as it stands not a shot in hell of getting me to believe it.
              All of this.

Originally posted by Twako View Post
              she had already a couple of days ago

"The urine specimen was collected by a highly reputable collection organization and experienced collection officers who routinely collect samples for the Olympic movement," Goodman said. "The specimen was collected, as per protocol, in a sterile vessel that was in factory-sealed packaging prior to the collection. The athlete chose among several sterile vessels in individually sealed packaging. At no time was the specimen in a drinking glass, as has been reported. The athlete signed the paperwork at the collection site, specifically confirming that the sample had been collected according to protocol. Neither the athlete nor any members of his team reported anything unusual at the collection, after the collection, nor after the test results were reported to the athlete, promoter, commission, and ABC on December 2nd. The athlete was given seven days to request the B sample analysis, but he did not respond."

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...tocol-in-macau
              This is also telling.

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                Its funny how alot of these vada or usda tests have found fighter w. illegl substances through URINE n not the bloood. N anny pc has taken urine testing all his career n never failed, ad still idiots wanna believe hes on something.
                Agreed but there is no doubt about it that blood testing is avoided by users you make it sound like urine is the best way to find things which is not even close to the case

Comment

I got busted because they made me use a drinking glass and I haven't had sex in 2 weeks! It is their fault I failed because they made me wait 30 minutes to pee so the build of testosterone got even larger and resulted in a failed test from a drinking glass.

Seems legit.

Comment

If Rios is being honest and VADA did not follow the proper protocol then the test automatically becomes invalid plain and simple. They have a set protocol for taking these tests for a reason and it's VADA's job to follow it.

Comment

I also remember few months ago vada. Paid that guy off to make then look like the good guys and USA da was somehow the dirty version but the more and more u hear about things the more u realize vada is no different.

Comment

Working...
                      X