Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one here collect fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been collecting dvds for ten years now. Have about 300 boxing dvds.

Comment

I started buying boxing dvd's in the early to mid 00s because back then trying to download them were a huge pain in the ass. Links to Fights were literally scattered all over the internet. But then later on came youtube and the rest is history.

Comment

Our boy simbros here on the site has a lovely google site for practically every fight in the world that is televised.

I recommend you guys green k him and favorite his site.

https://sites.google.com/site/simbrosboxing/

Other than that I just keep some fights on my computer that I downloaded here on the trading block. If I'm looking for an old school fight you can generally find them on youtube.

Comment

I've got a couple hundred fights saved on an external hard drive and a few rare ones on video tape. most of my fights are not recent, lots of black and whites, like Dempsey vs. Willard and many of joe Louis fights, as well as a few rocky Marciano. I'm a big fan of nigel benn, I have some of his greatest and some 1990's fights like calzaghe-reid

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
            I've got a couple hundred fights saved on an external hard drive and a few rare ones on video tape. most of my fights are not recent, lots of black and whites, like Dempsey vs. Willard and many of joe Louis fights, as well as a few rocky Marciano. I'm a big fan of nigel benn, I have some of his greatest and some 1990's fights like calzaghe-reid
            Thank goodness for the creation of external hard drives!

Comment

If anyone here ever manages to find any fight footage of Harry Greb, please send me a p.m.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mark View Post
                If anyone here ever manages to find any fight footage of Harry Greb, please send me a p.m.

Thanks.
                there was fight footage of harry greb, but it doesn't exist anymore. greb-walker was filmed on the old nitro-cellulose (sp???) film stock but it rotted away before it be copied or converted. the greb fight I'd actually most like to see is greb-walker, I have an old newspaper description of the fight, it sounds very exciting. greb-tunney would also be fantastic to watch but as far as I know it wasn't filmed. greb-walker was the super-fight of the early 20's, other greb fights weren't filmed.

Comment

I have over 500 fights, all on vhs, lol, now that was time consuming! But I don't regret putting in the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Trenchant View Post
                    I have over 500 fights, all on vhs, lol, now that was time consuming! But I don't regret putting in the effort.
                    If you want those videos to stand up to the test of time you should transfer them to DVD. Saves a lot of space too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mark View Post

Thanks.
                      There's footage of him sparring or shadow boxing one of the two I forgot which one but that's about it
                      Last edited by jas; 08-08-2014, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X