No announcement yet.

Why was David Haye never taught how to box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was David Haye never taught how to box

What I saw of Haye saturday night really pissed me off . The guy had excellent , speed , power and head movement . But his footwork was woeful he could slip punches really well but he couldnt counter with combinations . His punching technique ie his telegraphed hayemake can be seen coming a mile away . It was very frustating to watch him because Haye is by far the most talented fighter in divsion and he could easily beat Wlad who is heavyweight champ by default . I am sorry but Wlad is most one dimensional fighter I have ever seen . He has a decent jab and is good at keeping his opponents at distance but he can only throw a jab and a right hand . He cannot throw any combinations , his inside fighting is non existant . Any sort of head movement gives him fits . You might say Haye made him miss so much because he was running from wlad the whole time and was super cautious but in one round where Wlad trapped Haye on the ropes he opened up on Haye and missed by wide margins he made Wlad clumsy . If Haye made Wlad pay for those misses he would of knocked Wlad out .

I hear you bro, but here we go again with the IFs

IF can be applied to any fighter to make them better than they are. IF Wlad developed an inside game, a multi-dimension attack, varied his combinations, etc, etc...

Sure they can make themselves better but it's like the saying in the dog world "you get the dog you deserve". In other words the work you put in, in part, will determine the skill set. BTW I wouldn't say Haye is the most talented in the division. More like the most athletic

Comment

He was trainer by an unexperienced British trainer

Comment

Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
        What I saw of Haye saturday night really pissed me off . The guy had excellent , speed , power and head movement . But his footwork was woeful he could slip punches really well but he couldnt counter with combinations . His punching technique ie his telegraphed hayemake can be seen coming a mile away . It was very frustating to watch him because Haye is by far the most talented fighter in divsion and he could easily beat Wlad who is heavyweight champ by default . I am sorry but Wlad is most one dimensional fighter I have ever seen . He has a decent jab and is good at keeping his opponents at distance but he can only throw a jab and a right hand . He cannot throw any combinations , his inside fighting is non existant . Any sort of head movement gives him fits . You might say Haye made him miss so much because he was running from wlad the whole time and was super cautious but in one round where Wlad trapped Haye on the ropes he opened up on Haye and missed by wide margins he made Wlad clumsy . If Haye made Wlad pay for those misses he would of knocked Wlad out .
        You remind me of those loonies (I shouldn't make fun of people's disabilities) who look at a guy and then start describing "auras" of different shapes, sizes and colours...with a rundown explanation for each one. Just like having your fortune told by a gypsy.

They just never get around to telling you the number of the winning Lottery Ticket........

It's as plain as the nose on your face (apologies) Haye hasn't the faintest idea how to box, he has NO legit punches, and relies on that cartwheel action cricket bowling swing, to catch someone with a lucky punch. His legs are so far apart, that when he blounces a bit, he hits his behind on the canvas. This posture also makes it easy for him to pretend to have been pushed down and fool a ref into giving him a point.

I am not one of those who "run with the hares and hunt with the hounds". This was actually the very first time I'd seen Haye in action, never having had any interest in him. Many amateurs are better boxers, and know how to punch.

That hasn't changed.

Comment

Haye has all the makings of a a great fighter, however needs to change his trainer

Booth is simply not cut for the job, he's taken him as far as he can, Haye needs a trainer who can help him work on his offense, Emanuel pointed out the pros and cons of Haye, his main weakness is simply when he throws his right he gets off balance,

i think someone like Roach or Mayweather Sr could really help this guy

Comment

Just a hype-job thats all.

Comment

he needs to spend money on a better trainer his footwork was tereible i agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
                What I saw of ____ saturday night really pissed me off . The guy had excellent , speed , power and head movement . But his footwork was woeful he could slip punches really well but he couldnt counter with combinations . His punching technique ie his telegraphed hayemake can be seen coming a mile away . It was very frustating to watch him because ________ is by far the most talented fighter in divsion and he could easily beat Wlad who is heavyweight champ by default . I am sorry but Wlad is most one dimensional fighter I have ever seen . He has a decent jab and is good at keeping his opponents at distance but he can only throw a jab and a right hand . He cannot throw any combinations , his inside fighting is non existant . Any sort of head movement gives him fits . You might say _____ made him miss so much because he was running from wlad the whole time and was super cautious but in one round where Wlad trapped ________ on the ropes he opened up on ________ and missed by wide margins he made Wlad clumsy . If ______ made Wlad pay for those misses he would of knocked Wlad out .
                i really liked rthis text it sounds a lot like that word puzzle: insert a name on the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Haye has all the makings of a a great fighter, however needs to change his trainer

Booth is simply not cut for the job, he's taken him as far as he can, Haye needs a trainer who can help him work on his offense, Emanuel pointed out the pros and cons of Haye, his main weakness is simply when he throws his right he gets off balance,

i think someone like Roach or Mayweather Sr could really help this guy
                  What do you mean Booth has taken him as far as he can. Booth has taken him nowhere . Haye does things that only a novice would do . The main reason the heavyweights outside of Klischkos are so ****e is not because of a lack of talent or poor conditioning. It is because clowns like Booth who never boxed in his life are training all the damn heavyweights. I mean what are Booths credentials? .He has a degree in sports science and he was Kylie Minogues personal trainer . I mean give me a ****in break . I mean Emanuel Steward is the only trainer who knows the sweet science and the the best heavyweight in the world happens to be trained by him , coincidence I dont think so . I mean think back to the 80's or 90's trainers we had the legendary Angelo Dundee , Eddie Futch argubably the greatest trainer of all time , Kevin Rooney not a great trainer but he was taught from the best and knew the peek a boo style inside out , Ray Arcel, Emanuel Steward, Tommy Brooks,Ron Turner, Tony Tubbs trainer Odel Hadley , Lou Duva, Richie Giachetti, Slim Robinson, Floyd Patterson . All these guys were either ex fighters at the top level or they knew the boxing book inside out, there are countless others who I cant think of at the moment . But the only guy who has the credentials to call himself a trainer is Emanuel Steward and he is one of the best in the business and also an ex fighter . Freddie Roach was another great trainer but he doesnt even train heavyweights anymore. Buddy Mcgirt is another but he doesnt train heavyweights anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You remind me of those loonies (I shouldn't make fun of people's disabilities) who look at a guy and then start describing "auras" of different shapes, sizes and colours...with a rundown explanation for each one. Just like having your fortune told by a gypsy.

They just never get around to telling you the number of the winning Lottery Ticket........

It's as plain as the nose on your face (apologies) Haye hasn't the faintest idea how to box, he has NO legit punches, and relies on that cartwheel action cricket bowling swing, to catch someone with a lucky punch. His legs are so far apart, that when he blounces a bit, he hits his behind on the canvas. This posture also makes it easy for him to pretend to have been pushed down and fool a ref into giving him a point.

I am not one of those who "run with the hares and hunt with the hounds". This was actually the very first time I'd seen Haye in action, never having had any interest in him. Many amateurs are better boxers, and know how to punch.

That hasn't changed.
                    Bro, im getting a red aura around you, I need to check your horoscope and the stars to see your sign. Aight?

Comment

Working...
                    X