Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Hatton The Last Fight Pacquiao Had Bad Intentions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get flashes of it whenever he thinks he's not in control of the fight. Then when he thinks he's hurting a guy with no point he seems to back off. He likes a fight. He doesn't like a one-sided beating. That's the way I see him. And I can respect that. But it's not that healthy for a guy in this business either. You take your foot off the gas when you could end somebody you just give a guy more opportunity to pull off a hail Mary, if I'm making any sense there.

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
    His power came from fornicating with prostitutes.

Now that he's straight-edge, he lost his power.

Go back to drinking, womanizing and gabmling, Manny! We want that Manny back.
    lol

Comment

Lets be honest, no excuses, he had REALLY bad intentions in JMM 4. He was killing him and I still say if he wasn't so aggressive and going for the kill then the he would have had a TKO in rounds 7 or 8 easy but he walked on to the most perfect punch which JMM had been readying for him since their 1st fight. MP is a legend but he is getting old now, his style of fighting (aggresive instead of defensive) dictates that. He always has bad intentions but father time has caught up...accept it.

Comment

Pacquiao always has bad intentions. That's another myth that he's taking it easy on his opponents. Maybe he's just not able to KO everyone and Hatton rushing in face first was the (last) perfect opponent for him to KO.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          Pacquiao always has bad intentions. That's another myth that he's taking it easy on his opponents. Maybe he's just not able to KO everyone and Hatton rushing in face first was the (last) perfect opponent for him to KO.
          It's not even close to a myth. It's obvious. He completely backs off during beatings where he used to kill. He admits to doing so. Pacquiao from 6 years ago or before would never let someone as helpless as Margarito or Rios survive. He would never be content to back off of a fleeing Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Hatton was the one who came into the ring with bad intentions, he bum rushed and jumped on Pacman from the bell, he had no respect aqt all for Pac and it cost him the fight. Hatton kept leaping into punches and getting hurt, just like with the Floyd fight.

I am not sold on that knockout, I don't think that Hatton was really hurt he pretend to go to sleep because he didn't have it in him anymore he just gave up. If you look at him lying on the canvas he had his eyes slightly open when a guy is knocked cold they have their eyes wide open and give you that dead stare like Pac and P williams, both had their eyes wide open and were out cold. Pacmans power is not real at 140 plus. Hatton just gave up, he wasn't really hurt from that punch watch it again and see his eyes are slightly open and he was breathing heavy.
            I know It's early but so far this Is In the lead for post of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's not even close to a myth. It's obvious. He completely backs off during beatings where he used to kill. He admits to doing so. Pacquiao from 6 years ago or before would never let someone as helpless as Margarito or Rios survive. He would never be content to back off of a fleeing Cotto.
              Maybe he was never going to KO Magarito or Rios. He was hitting Margarito with way more shots than Mosely did but he wasn't going down and he was still dangerous for much of the fight. Rios has never been KO'd so again, there's no telling that Pacquiao would have got the KO either. As far as what he said after the fight, we know Pacquiao is the biggest promoter of his "humble", "nice guy" image so it's no surprise he would say something to that effect after a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                Maybe he was never going to KO Magarito or Rios. He was hitting Margarito with way more shots than Mosely did but he wasn't going down and he was still dangerous for much of the fight. Rios has never been KO'd so again, there's no telling that Pacquiao would have got the KO either. As far as what he said after the fight, we know Pacquiao is the biggest promoter of his "humble", "nice guy" image so it's no surprise he would say something to that effect after a fight.
                If he would have kept the heat on Margarito he would have been carried out of the ring In a body bag. If I'm not mistaken Pacquiao looked at the referee on a few occassions wondering why he didn't stop It. Margarito took a brutal beating that could have been even worse If Pacquiao didn't let up.
                Last edited by ironmt; 01-25-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Jesus Christ, hectari.

Comment

hatton was washed up and in deep depression, mentally lost, gaunt and punch resistance gone

pac fought the worst version of hatton

had they met before the floyd fight hatton would haven beaten pacroid
                    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 01-25-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I guess you missed the 4th Marquez fight. He went in the ring with the intention of destroying Marquez and erasing all doubts.

Comment

Working...
                      X