Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 'telesales' the worst job in the western world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yeah that sounds pretty stanky mate.

If you ever become any good at selling hit me up with a PM.
    I'm a salesman, over achiever of every target I've ever been given. Hit me up

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      If you work someone like Oracle, they have a very good business development structure and programme.

Affectifly your job isn't to generate sales, it's to generate leads. With the ad of LinkedIn and inside accounts it can be very easy with great money involved too.
      Maybe. I obviously only sampled one job out of thousands but it was honestly the longest 2.5 days of my life. Im sure there are people who enjoy the numbers game more than me that could get enjoyment out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Tbh if theres one thing ive learned its that the world of sales is NOT for me. Obviously all jobs involve aspects of it but im going to avoid any direct sales jobs from now on. All in the learning curve.
        I started out in what of those crappy jobs back in the day selling newspapers over the phone. Horrible. But it gets you experience, and most importantly tells you where you don't want to go back to.

If you work someone like Oracle, they have a very good business development structure and programme.

Affectifly your job isn't to generate sales, it's to generate leads. With the ad of LinkedIn and inside accounts it can be very easy with great money involved too.
        Oracle might have a great structure, but in terms of product, it's not very sexy and it's incredibly dry. You need to get yourself to a start-up. I helped build up a website called Trustpilot. In fact we just took the CMO of Oracle around 6 months ago.

The pie is usually bigger with start-ups and there's a common consensus that you are fighting for something similar.

Comment

I'm a salesman, over achiever of every target I've ever been given. Hit me up
          In the UK?

Comment

I five starred this thread as I worked a similar job and HATED it!

And I was actually good and got sales but the constant monitoring and nitpicking of every word I said and to be told I was either talking to long or I was being to short or I needed to be quicker to the next call etc etc.

It was a stressful headache and to top it off it was nearly impossible to get any serious commission because the leads had been reused or years on end.

I wouldn't recommend the job to anyone aside from ex cons or people who live with their parents.

Comment

Sounds awful. Personally couldn't do a job conning old ladies out of their money. Makes me mad as hell if anything. Nothing worse than a soul destroying job..

Comment

Working...
              X