Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner more exciting than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd at an early age fought tougher comp, and was more versatile than Broner. Broner has more natural power than Floyd. Both are two exciting fighters. Those who believe otherwise are just trying to hate.

Comment

My only point was that Broner is more exciting than Mayweather. And, even when I watch a younger Mayweather, I feel the same way.

Now, whether that is a product of Broner fighting smaller fighters remains to be seen.

Broner's next fight pits him against someone 2 inches taller and over 10 pounds heavier, so we'll see how he approaches a bigger fighter.

I know that it's taboo to develop a style that you don't intend to use for basically every fight. Broner has developed a mostly strait forward style that feeds off the jab, head movement, and counter-punching. Broner doesn't punch a lot while going backward, he sits down on his punches.

If he starts riding a bike at higher weight classes, I will consider most of his early training and development to have been somewhat counter-productive, because that is a re-invention of style for him.

It's one thing to make slight adjustments, it's another thing to become a whole different fighter.

Again, however, it remains to be seen if that is what he intends to do.

Comment

toshmurph's post is all you need to read in this thread. that said, i just heard joe rogan's podcast with dana white talking about broner and mayweather:

@16:25

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Broner is 23. The big fights are coming. You now guys who aren't ahead of your time post the same coward **** every day. Don't you get sick of that .
          It looks like you sure as FUK don't get sick of b!tching. Anytime anyone brings up Broner or Mayweather, your eyes pop out like a VW Bug and you dive in like a Vulture. Can you drown any more in Broner and Mayweather's Jizz than you already do??? Why don't you just duct tape your nose to their Ballsacks while you are at it??
          Last edited by richardt; 06-06-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Floyd at an early age fought tougher comp, and was more versatile than Broner. Broner has more natural power than Floyd. Both are two exciting fighters. Those who believe otherwise are just trying to hate.
            Forget something simple? Floyd has out of this world defence and Broner gets hit very easy. Diametric opposites. Didn't expect you to pick up on that, no surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
              Broner would wreck a 23 year old floyd
              Broner would not even be able to land a clean shot on Floyd, let alone avoid the perfect counters. If PDL and the last guy Broner fought could land easily on Broner.......lets just say Broner would be easy money for a 23 year old Floyd who was lightning fast back then.

Comment

I was a fan until he fought a midget. And now he took the weakest link in Malignaggi and refused to get tested by VADA, the agency known for catching cheaters.

Comment

You say that but this is Broner at the lower weights, remember when Floyd was wrecking through Corrales, Jesus Chavez etc.

He was pretty exciting back then, we'll see if Broner carries the style through to the higher weights.

Comment

Are Floyd's fights boring because of him or his opponents simply don't have the skill set to compete with him? Floyd is without question a great fighter, but he is in an era where fighters want to fight and not learn their trade...BOXING! There was a time when there were 6 and 7 great skilled fighters in the same divisions that competed and made exciting fights. Its not his fault that in this era these guys are not mastering the fundamentals. That is why at 36 he is still dominating. That is why Hopkins and Holyfield are still fighting. Back in the day, those same guys would have been brutally beaten or KO'd by now. That's why fighters were considered old at 30 in past eras. The skill level in those days were just more advanced.

Comment

Floyd had some excellent fights as he was moving up in weight (I don't think he's boring now either though). The Chop Chop Corley (4th round!) and Phillip Ndou (5th round!) fights were two of his most exciting bouts. What I liked about Floyd most in the lower weight was how he mixed up his combinations and he almost always went for the kill. He also used to throw nice hooks to the body. It will be interesting to see if Broner stays so aggressive as he fights bigger and better fighters. He will have to start using his head more because he won't be able to walk through everybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X