Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring Footage hearns\mccallum & Toney\McClellan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike & Tommy worked together very well, they let each other take the lead and then worked on countering the leads. They stayed middle of the ring working eye hand coordination then Tommy would move off and work on some deception with laterial movement and feints. They both traded very nice counter left hands with jabs and hooks and worked at a nce even pace to be able to actually work on specifics. This was not an "open session" when things can get heavy it was a controlled by them to get some ring timein and work on a few techniques.
    I was a little surprised that they held to 3 min rounds with a work out pace I'd thought Manny worked 5 min. rounds for that kind of session. I thought they were longer because there was multiple time keepers in the gym. Usually its one clock and a bell or buzzard and a quick whistle if someones working other than 3 min rounds.
    I used to be able to feel the bell coming within about 10 seconds years ago,
    thats alot of rounds hahaha!! Ray

Comment

I get the feeling Hearns would have been too fast for Mccallum, and would have won a decision off the jab, had they fought in '84

Comment

This is real nice. I wonder if Manny Steward had any more footage that we hadn't seen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
          This is real nice. I wonder if Manny Steward had any more footage that we hadn't seen.
          They should release all those sparring sessions on DVD. I'd buy them, and they could use that money to help the Kronk.

Comment

Working...
          X