Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with Guillermo 'El Chacal' Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum will Bradley him when he is done with Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      P4P means if two fighters are the same weight who would win I'd bet $10,000 that If Rigo was a welter Weight he would beat the crap out of Floyd and manny
      Im a big Rigo fan.... But realistically.... Based on WHAT exactly?

Counterpunching? Who has he proved that against?

Speed? Who has he proved that against?

Power? Who has he proved that against?

I love Rigo, Talented as hell... But you gotta prove it Gainst the top before you can really be taken as a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        its just the same.. if you are great, you are really great no matter what.
        Pac wasn't great and didn't seem destined to be great... where's your logic there? Rigo is a World Champion with very little professional fights. He has an amazing amateur background and it's not surprising that he's so good and destined for greatness. Others look like crap, get KO'd, and then find the magic formula to become supposedly great... CW's, careful matchmaking, being bigger than anyone in your weight class, and PED's could be used for this formula. Why are you hating on Rigo? Is it that he's a legit threat to Donaire? Why do people hate so much based upon race on here? I'm a white guy so I don't understand it. None of my favorite fighters are white and if a decent white guy came out I wouldn't just jump on his bandwagon and hate on a more skilled guy that's not Caucasian just because I like "Whitey." Rigo is the real deal no doubt and if he gets a fair shake he will prove that to everyone.

Comment

He's one of my favourite fighters easily but I don't see him getting a good
          Rub of the green against any Top Rank fighter because Bob knows he's high risk low reward and I guess that's the same for most other promoters.

Unless he brings massive crowd and ultimately money then he has a long road ahead. He's such a class act in the ring, I hope he brings the money and TV so Arum and the other promoters stick him in with thei best, because he's ready

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
            Someone feel free to correct me but didn't he try to defect earlier but got brought back to Cuba? After his last outing I put him vs Donaire higher on my list than Mayweather vs Pacquiao of fights I need to see. Sadly I feel we'll never see it. It's almost like Arum wasn't him with Top Rank just to keep him from getting exposure and having the people rage for Donaire vs Rigo. But with talent like he has it'll be hard to keep him hidden for long.
            Yes, I do recall that.

Here's from his wiki page:
            Defection

On July 22, 2007, Rigondeaux and teammate Erislandy Lara failed to appear for their scheduled bouts at the Pan American Games in Brazil. It was initially announced that Rigondeaux was to turn professional, joining fellow 2004 Cuban Olympians Odlanier Solis, Yuriorkis Gamboa and Yan Barthelemy, who defected earlier in 2007. As with the other Cuban defectors, Rigondeaux signed a promotional deal with Ahmet Oener and ARENA Box-Promotion. However on August 2, Rigondeaux and Lara were taken into police custody in Brazil, stating that they wanted to return home to Cuba. Then Cuban leader Fidel Castro has stated that Rigondeaux and Lara will not box again for the Cuban team. In February 2009, Rigondeaux defected again via Mexico City to Miami, and signed with Arena Box-Promotion.

Comment

With the right machinery behind him it will not take long for him to have a following beside his Cubans and hardcore fans, Arum doesn't want to take the time to do it, he did the same with Gamboa and that's why the Cyclone is so pi$$ off, he should be on everyones P4P list and known to all boxing fans and it would had take only one fight, Gamboa-Juanma just like now Rigondeaux-Donaire will do it.
              Last edited by garfios; 06-21-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                With the right machinery behind him it will not take long for him to have a following beside his Cubans and hardcore fans, Arum doesn't want to take the time to do it, he did the same with Gamboa and that's why the Cyclone is so pi$$ off, he should be on everyones P4P list and known to all boxing fans and it would had take only one fight, Gamboa-Juanma just like now Rigondeaux-Donaire will do it.
                That's because good old Uncle Bob promotes racially. He's done this a lot... it's one of the reasons Mayweather left him. Bob would rather promote a bum that has an ethnic following over a skilled fighter who deserves to be promoted. Bob goes for Mexican, Puerto Rican and now Filipinos since they'll buy a fight no matter what just to support their fighter. I mean how the hell is Chavez Jr. on PPV? That **** baffles me and makes me laugh hysterically at the same time! God help if Bob finds the great white hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  That's because good old Uncle Bob promotes racially. He's done this a lot... it's one of the reasons Mayweather left him. Bob would rather promote a bum that has an ethnic following over a skilled fighter who deserves to be promoted. Bob goes for Mexican, Puerto Rican and now Filipinos since they'll buy a fight no matter what just to support their fighter. I mean how the hell is Chavez Jr. on PPV? That **** baffles me and makes me laugh hysterically at the same time! God help if Bob finds the great white hope.
                  You are right, but what p$$ me off are the fans that don't c it they just hate and keep up on going.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                    He's got that Mike Lee guy, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                      I don't have an issue with Mares fighting a tune-up fight at 122 before fighting any of the ranked guys to be honest with you. Especially considering the wars he's been in already and he's only like 26
                      wasn't morel essentially a tune-up fight that just so happened to have a vacant world title on the line?

Comment

Working...
                      X