Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand fighters who get KTFO and dominated make excuses for why they lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Okay I can understand if the fight goes to the cards and it was a competitive fight if a fighter who felt he won complains.

But if the fighter gets dominated and beat down and says I didn't eat right, or I was drained, or I didn't come prepared, that **** is sore loser crap.

Cause every time what do these fighters say before they get their ass beat? I am in the best shape of my life! I am strong! I feel great! and they start showing off in training camp how much stamina they have in sparring and heavy bag work.

But how come when they get humiliated all of a sudden they say oh no I was drained I was weak, I didn't eat right, I thought you were in the best shape of your life?

Mike Tyson was actually gracious in defeat, except for the Holyfield fights he felt Evander was fighting dirty.

Alexis Arguello was gracious in defeat as well.

If you get knocked the F out just accept it don't be like Juan Ma Lopez blaming the ref for a gambling problem, or Oscar De La Hoya saying he was weak after calling out a little man and being humiliated if you decided to stay at a low weight that is your problem you said you were in the best shape of your life.
    You are right. Oscar has never forgiven Pac for saying yes to his offer and then KOing him. I think Oscar would have been strong if he had made weight in the standard way instead of being under 147 for weeks. Cotto wasn't forced to fight Pac at 145 as so many say. If he couldn't make 145 comfortably then he should have turned the fight down and fought someone else at 147. It was his tittle and his choice. He accepted the terms to get the big payday and now years later he says he was drained. I don't like catchweights but the champ can always say no. Don't say yes and then make excuses if you lose. Lopez was really out of line blaming the ref for saving him from possible serious injury.

Comment

TS ran away when he realized he was talking about Pacquiao too. LOL

Comment

Working...
      X