No announcement yet.

Tito Trinidad vs Sergio Martinez @ 154LBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
    U say that as if to suggest Sergio is a better boxer than DLH???
    I think so, I mean DLH was a beast, a great fighter at 130,135,140 but not that much at 147, let alone 154.

If the DLH who fought Tito entered in the ring against a prime sergio at 154 I think he would lose IMO again JMO.

Comment

• Hard call, but I am leaning at Tito via late stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
        I belive that the Tito Trinidad (vintage Fernando Vargas) vs Sergio Martinez (vintage Williams) would be a clash to watch!

Who you got and why?

Poll coming up!

Martinez. He would get on his bike and box. His feet are too quick for Tito. IMO it's just a bad style matchup. Also Tito's best weight 147. Monster at that class. Would slap any fighter who isn't extremely mobile in the feet and technically sound at that class.
        Last edited by check hook; 01-31-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by solo20 View Post
          Sergio by KO/TKO easy pick anybody who has Tito wining dont know crap about boxing
          LOL at casual fans like this.

Comment

• Tito By Ko

Comment

• I had to BUMP this sh** LMAO! I was at work could not really comment but damn! How anyone can have Sergio beating Trinidad @ 154? This is ******ation at it's finest and can only mean one thing. Boxing is alive and well because these fools have only been watching it for the last 3 years. Watch Margo vs Sergio add the power of one of the hardest punching fighters of all time, never backing down, and a fool who fights with his hands down and what u get? Career ending loss for Maravilla... ****ing idiots thinking speed is everything need to revisit NOVEMBER 3rd 2001 at the MGM when the fast guy got KTFO! (Zab/Tszyu) U fools know **** about boxing yet I'm the one in here getting Red K'd! LMAO. Honestly Tito would Stone Cold his as** followed by Rock Mothrfing Bottom and make him a gatekeeper.

Comment

• I think Tito is too much at 154 for MArtinez... Maybe at 160.. But that left hook would put a toll on Sergio on route for a late TKO for Tito.

Comment

• I think I'd go with a mid to later rounds KO/TKO for Tito or a solid decision. I think Martinez could put him down early, but would get rocked himself, then back off a little. It would turn into a boxing match for a bit, then Serge would get caught by a left in the mid rounds after feeling the pressure and go down. From there it would turn into a prolonged beatdown or he would just get stopped.

As good as Sergio has shown himself to be, it still doesn't equal what Tito showed from 147 to 154. Sergio hasn't beaten anyone close to Tito's level, Tito has beaten fighters as good or better than Sergio. As much hype as he gets right now, and he is deserving of most of it, he isn't as good as some people make him out to be.

He is far, far from the defensive genius some think him to be and actually gets hit quite often and quite easily. His movement is ok, but leaves a lot to be desired as much of it is not particularly useful. He has been hurt, knocked down numerous times and knocked out before so it's not as if he has an iron chin that would take Tito's best shot at all. This bizarre attitude of "Sergio has the skills to make Tito miss all night and just outbox him easily!" is utterly laughable. A prime Winky Wright and Hopkins at 160, not 154, is so far removed from Sergio as to be not even remotely comparable. Wright's jab alone is a thing of pure beauty and Sergio's is not even in the same ballpark. Wright could literally win a fight against a top flight champion with his jab alone! That would be impossible for Sergio. Stupid to compare the two. They fight completely different. Wright fights moving forward, behind a high guard, off the jab. Sergio fights backward, with a low guard and not behind the jab. It's not a big weapon for him at all. It's like saying Pac and Whitaker fight similar because they're both southpaws.

Tito has more skill, speed and way, way more power than anyone Serge has fought and his punches are short, compact and very sneaky, meaning that he would land them on Sergio. Could be a close fight, but I think Tito has proven he could beat someone like, as good as, Sergio. Sergio hasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJRod View Post
                    I had to BUMP this sh** LMAO! I was at work could not really comment but damn! How anyone can have Sergio beating Trinidad @ 154? This is ******ation at it's finest and can only mean one thing. Boxing is alive and well because these fools have only been watching it for the last 3 years.
                    3 years? You are giving Sergio Martinez fans too much credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      im not gonna do a woulda shoulda. martinez has the better wins above 147 and the better performances. trinidads best days were at 147. i never thought he was dominant from 154-160. it is what it is. im a tito fan dont get me wrong. but william joppy was his most impressive performance above 147, i mean call it wat u want.
                      What's Sergio's? Kelly Pavlik? What's Pavlik's best win? Jermain Taylor right? Joppy was a better middleweight champion than Pavlik.

Compare Vargas and Reid at 154 to what for Sergio? Kermit Cintron? That's his best win at 154. An undefeated Vargas, coming off wins over Winky Wright and Ike Quartey or Kermit Cintron coming off KO losses to Margarito, whom Sergio also lost to by KO at 147.

You go by who they beat right and how they looked doing it....Tito beat better fighters and looked better doing it. The only real glitch is against Oscar and at 147 Oscar was a lot better than Sergio. Faster, better technique, better jab, better chin, punched harder and boxed better. Sergio has come into his own at 160 with wins over Williams, Pavlik and Dzinziruk, but that still doesn't beat what Tito did.

Even beating Mayorga when he did is better than Sergio's entire 154 career. He didn't just beat Mayorga either, he broke him utterly. Certainly better than beating Bunema and Cintron.

If Sergio had better defense, better jab and the ability to box and fight when needed along with his current strengths, I'd give him a big chance. He does get hit though and he gets hit consistently throughout the fight, more as it goes on because he gets tired and what technique he does have starts to crack. Against someone with the power, stamina and skill of Tito he would get hit and, for my liking, eventually knocked out. Would be a fun fight while it lasted though.

Comment

Working...
                      X