Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iceman Scully makes his prediction for Calzaghe Dawson(click here)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pick fights right or wrong just like everybody else...I adamantly picked Antonio to not only defeat Cotto but I called it EXACTLY as it happened, for example...I don't think I out and out "picked" RJ to beat Joe, either...I remember saying that I wouldnt be surpised if he had something left and gave JC all kinds of trouble with his style and countering but, let it be known, I wouldn't have picked Roy to beat Chad at this point...styles of each guy are so different....as I said, Chad has LEGS, something both Antonio and RJ do not at this point...that in itself presents a completely new and different realm to this potential fight...just an observation...you'll never know until they do it

Comment

Now they are saying RJ is on record as saying he might fight in March? Either way, it would take something very unsusual at this point for him to be set up with Chad Dawson. If 175 dries up Chad might be inclined to go for a rematch at cruiser with Adamek. Wouldnt be surprised

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        Understand, though, the Chad who fought Glen is not he Chad who stepped in with taver...Chad is very good now...wait until a year or two and you will see an even stronger kid...
        While that may be true, you could also say Antonio allowed chad to look much better against him than Glen did(I scored it for Glen), and I remember Ice making that prediction on the marg-cotto match, I asked him myself and he called it how it happend
        Last edited by fragilety; 12-12-2008, 01:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Dawsons presents to many problems for Calzaghe right now..Just think about it, he was able to withstand the oncoming assault of Glen Johnson and still kept his composure and adapted...If he can deal with that kind of pressure and power i think when Calzaghe barrages him with his 10 slap combos all he will have to do is pop that long jab and use his swift ring movement..Chad places his punches with precision and he has way more pop than Roy or Bhop at this point, and we all know what happens when Calzaghe gets caught flush...I see an upset if this fight gets signed

Comment

Ignorant Americans keep on asking us not to bring Lacy into every Calzaghe arguement.

Then someone says something like this...

Originally posted by riz ! oh ? View Post
            he won't get past Dawson.

why is he so hesistant?

When has your hero ever REALLY signed up for a challenge?
            Remember who was the MASSIVE pre fight favourite before you respond to this.

Originally posted by sl333py View Post
            Dawsons presents to many problems for Calzaghe right now..Just think about it, he was able to withstand the oncoming assault of Glen Johnson and still kept his composure and adapted...If he can deal with that kind of pressure and power i think when Calzaghe barrages him with his 10 slap combos all he will have to do is pop that long jab and use his swift ring movement..Chad places his punches with precision and he has way more pop than Roy or Bhop at this point, and we all know what happens when Calzaghe gets caught flush...I see an upset if this fight gets signed
            He comes back stronger and wins the fight.

When and where do I collect my prize?

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
              Like Kessler did?
              No, fool! Like Lacy did!

Iceman, you're awesome man, but you were wrong about Pac-DLH and Calzaghe-Jones. Why should I believe your prediction for a (fantasy) fight between Calzaghe and Dawson?

I got Calzaghe by UD.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
                He comes back stronger and wins the fight.
                You got it.

When will people learn.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post
                  You got it.

When will people learn.
                  Never, it would seem.

But, they are Americans, after all. We should really cut them some slack in the "thinking" department.

Comment

Originally posted by phallusy View Post
                    i give that fight to reid on effective punching, when he landed a counter right on joe the sweat went flying. joe's shots didn't seem as effective, even though there were more of them. reid needed to work combinations, then he would have had joe in trouble
                    Joe calzaghe turned Robin Reid into a one-punch wonder. None of his shots really affected Calzaghe. So there goes you're "effective punching" argument. The punches were not effective enough to make a serious impact and Reid was outboxed.

Comment

People comparing Lacy to Dawson are ****ing ******ed. Two TOTALLY different fighters. Lets see, Dawson is 6'3, a southpaw, has maybe the fastest hands at 175, is multi-dimensional, AND has been tested. While Lacy...was not.

The only reason they are mentioned together, is for the "overrated yank" crowd on here to make themselves sleep better at night.

I got 50k on Dawson if they ever meet in the ring. That is all...

Comment

Working...
                      X