No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NBA Off Season Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    I love CP3 and he's probably the best PG in the league. However, it's not clear cut and you can definitely make an argument for guys like Curry, Westbrook, and Parker. It's hilarious to see the guys acting like Paul's the second coming of Magic.
    Paul's not that much better than a prime Tim Hardaway without ACL issues. He's not even that much better than prime Kevin Johnson. He just puts up gaudy assist numbers, so people jerk him off.

Sugar Adam is confusing stats for overall impact. You give a healthy Rose, KD, and they already won a ring. Not even a question.

You give healthy Rose that Clippers roster, and they're easily in the Finals by now. Not even a question.

Rose and Westbrook are glitches in the system. Guys that are too fast for the opposition, and can literally shut down, and score on any PG in the league.
    Last edited by CatchAndShoot; 07-21-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      Paul's not even the second coming of a prime Tim Hardaway without ACL issues. He's not even a more transcendent player than Kevin Johnson. He just puts up gaudy assist numbers, so people jerk him off.

Sugar Adam is confusing stats for overall impact. You give a healthy Rose, KD, and they already won a ring. Not even a question.
      No, rose and Durant wouldn't win a title, he didn't win one with harden and Westbrook, so I don't really see how one can assume him and rose would win won..

I didnt think that this would be such a huge debate, just IMO Paul is one of the most amazing players I have ever seen at pg.. He is better than prime hardaway and a lot better than Kevin johnson..

I just love to watch Paul play..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        No, rose and Durant wouldn't win a title, he didn't win one with harden and Westbrook, so I don't really see how one can assume him and rose would win won..

I didnt think that this would be such a huge debate, just IMO Paul is one of the most amazing players I have ever seen at pg.. He is better than prime hardaway and a lot better than Kevin johnson..

I just love to watch Paul play..
        Yes they would have. Rose is the smarter, less TO prone version of Westbrook that knows how to game manage, and would LOVE to defer to a guy like KD. Coach Cal had to force him to be more selfish, and attack, because Rose preferred to defer to teammates, and look for the pass first.

And so is Rose and Westbrook. Rose not only gets you 8 assists, but gets you 25 pts. on top of that, and his game managing reached a higher level in the 12' season, then the injuries and ACL happened.

P.S. Rose on the Clippers, and they're in the Finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          Yes they would have. Rose is the smarter, less TO prone version of Westbrook that knows how to game manage, and would LOVE to defer to a guy like KD. Coach Cal had to force him to be more selfish, and attack, because Rose preferred to defer to teammates, and look for the pass first.

And so is Rose and Westbrook. Rose not only gets you 8 assists, but gets you 25 pts. on top of that, and his game managing reached a higher level in the 12' season, then the injuries and ACL happened.

P.S. Rose on the Clippers, and they're in the Finals.
          I'm a bulls fan and have watched rose from high school, college, pros... You are greatly overrating him.. Rose gets you 25 off of about 40 shots... Check his gfs percent,, the guy shoots a lot, misses a lot, and is being overrated

Rose on the clippers would make them win a title is laughable.. Like he is some missing key that would beat the spurs, thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I'm a bulls fan and have watched rose from high school, college, pros... You are greatly overrating him.. Rose gets you 25 off of about 40 shots... Check his gfs percent,, the guy shoots a lot, misses a lot, and is being overrated

Rose on the clippers would make them win a title is laughable.. Like he is some missing key that would beat the spurs, thunder
            You must really hate Rose, or have a hard on for CP3 like I've never seen before.

Rose on OKC would win the chip. Rose on the Clippers would be in the Finals. He routinely emasculates Parker.

Last edited by CatchAndShoot; 07-21-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• 29 pts. 16 assists 8 rebs. against your man crush.

Comment

• Lol... I don't have a man crush on Paul... And I don't hate rose.. I just think Paul is better..

We will have to agree to disagree on this

Comment

• Derrick Rose hasn't looked like Derrick Rose in over 2 years........we shouldn't even be talking about him among the best PG in the NBA right now...

Comment

• Rose, Wall, Westbrook and any other combo sized scoring point guard wouldn't make the Clippers better at all. They'd probably take a step back as Blake and co wouldn't be as involved anymore.

Only Parker can make the Clippers better in the place of Paul. Honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Rose, Wall, Westbrook and any other combo sized scoring point guard wouldn't make the Clippers better at all. They'd probably take a step back as Blake and co wouldn't be as involved anymore.

Only Parker can make the Clippers better in the place of Paul. Honestly.
                      You guys are seriously mistaking Rose and Wall's games for Westbrook's.

Rose is 10x the game manager that Westbrook is, and Wall is a past first PG. He really doesn't even take that many shots.

I think you're boxing in Rose and Wall with Westbrook because they're fast, and can score in multiple ways.

If you give Rose the Clippers roster, you'd be talking about a guy that's averaging 20 pts. 12 assists, and 5 rebounds. Except, when it's crunch time, and no one else can buy a bucket, he can be your Superman.

P.S. CP3 is the most overrated defender at the PG position. Meanwhile, prime Rose was dominating all his PG match ups. Check the stats.

Comment

Working...
                      X