Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear win for Molina imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
      If it was a 10 round contenders bout, then Molina did enough. Being that he was trying to take a title from the champion, I felt that he didn't do nearly enough. His head first bullrushes were shrugged off by Smith. Molina headbutted and hit behind the head, but very little else. When the decision was read, I was like what? Smith "matadored" him the whole fight!
      There is no rule or convention that a challenger is given less credit for his work than he would be if he were the champion. Taking the title from the champion simply means that a draw isn't enough for the challenger to win the belt, but it's enough for the champion to retain it; thus, the challenger has a higher burden to take the belt than the champ has to retain.

If you think Molina should've won if this were simply a contenders bout, it's nonsensical that you'd have a problem with this decision.

Comment

Alright, let me say this another way . If it was a 10 round contenders bout, Ishe getting robbed like that wouldn't be as shocking. Happens all the time. For it to happen so obviously in a title bout makes it even more surprising.

All the previous fights I've seen Molina in, he managed to wreck his opponent. I'm talking Spinks, Cintron, and Kirkland. I didn't see the Lara fight, bug I doubt he did much damage there, he was facing some defense and movement. Ishe comes out of this fight almost clean as a whistle and ready to go 12 more rounds. It tells you how ineffective Molina was.

Comment

Ishe lost.

Also, **** Jay Nady. Hes an attention seeking prick and way too aggressive towards the fighters. Its cringeworthy.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Ishe didn't run, he stood right there. Kept the jab in Molina's face. Often when Molina would charge in, Smith catches him ans stops him dead in his tracks . It was all night long! Look at Molina walk back to his corner in frustration.

Comment

It was a **** fight because Ishe is B- level fighter on his absolute best night. I don't mean to knock the guy because I've heard he is an incredibly kind and all-around good guy. He just isn't a great fighter. He is a good fighter, most nights.

I used to chuckle to myself because Greg Leon used his site tirelessly to promote Ishe but even 5 or 6 years ago it was apparent that he was never going to rise to any height. Now this guy is a former champion and very few fighters can every say that, so clever matchmaking and a once-in-a-career chance to face a weak champion in Bundrage gave him a belt, but no one expected him to keep it beyond his first defence (unless that was a rematch with K9).

It was a boring and cautious win for Molina, but he was the better man. If they rematched, I'd expect Molina to win by a bigger margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
                Clear win for Molina imo.
                Absolutely. I think if we're going to be upset about anything, it should be that one judge obviously slept through the fight, woke up in a mess and said "Oh crap... uh... yeah, that guy won" and just happened to point at Ishe. Though, I fought hard to stay awake myself, so I can't hate on them too much.

Comment

I was the one robbed in that fight. That was 48 minutes I'll never get back. Thought Ishe won too but both were terrible to watch
                  On a card with Floyd-Canelo and Garcia-Matthysse you really thought this could be fight of the night?I knew it would suck and it was worse than I could imagine

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                    I guess no one cares Ishe Smith got robbed and he a tmt fighter. I thought this fight was going to be runner up for fight of the night but it was a **** fight at time. Smith controlled the fight.

quick go and download this fight.
                    i didnt think he got robbed and i had money on him

Comment

I thought Smith won,but don't agree with TS that this was a robbery..

Comment

Working...
                      X