Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else got a strange feeling about wins of british fighters on british soil?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else got a strange feeling about wins of british fighters on british soil?

It's just too foreseeable at times. Malik Scott goes over there and everything is set up for him to lose and he is always more than willing to play his role it seems. Kevin Johnson - the same thing. Dude was standing in there with a prime Vitali Klitschko for 12 rounds and didn't even get hurt and then he stands in there with Anthony Joshua, throwing no punches at all from the get go, just waiting to let Joshua tee off on him.

Then we have Periban getting knocked out easily by DeGale who was not known to be a big puncher as far as I knew. And Periban wasn't known to get knocked out.

Then we have Lee Selby against Gradovich. Selby dancing around for 2 rounds and the british commentators already saying Gradovich is no way gonna take that punishment for 12 rounds. Gradovich has a big round, tagging Selby left and right with 5 punches in a row, then Selby lands a glancing blow and the commentators mention how great Selby looks in this round.
    Then all those premature stoppages. I mean, for real?

Originally posted by Turiaoei29 View Post
    It's just too foreseeable at times. Malik Scott goes over there and everything is set up for him to lose and he is always more than willing to play his role it seems. Kevin Johnson - the same thing. Dude was standing in there with a prime Vitali Klitschko for 12 rounds and didn't even get hurt and then he stands in there with Anthony Joshua, throwing no punches at all from the get go, just waiting to let Joshua tee off on him.

Then we have Periban getting knocked out easily by DeGale who was not known to be a big puncher as far as I knew. And Periban wasn't known to get knocked out.

Then we have Lee Selby against Gradovich. Selby dancing around for 2 rounds and the british commentators already saying Gradovich is no way gonna take that punishment for 12 rounds. Gradovich has a big round, tagging Selby left and right with 5 punches in a row, then Selby lands a glancing blow and the commentators mention how great Selby looks in this round.
    Then all those premature stoppages. I mean, for real?
    When has Johnson ever thrown punches?

Comment

Yeah, Johnson threw the fight.
      In reality Johnson is a monster with tremendous power, work rate and athleticism.

Comment

Malik Scott pretty obviously just laid down and gave up for Deontay Wilder who definitely isn't British so it happens all over

Comment

every win over their should have asterik but of filthy cheaters over there.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            In reality Johnson is a monster with tremendous power, work rate and athleticism.
            I don't get it either. Johnson's normally a tremendously aggressive fighter. His unwillingness to throw punches and retreat to the ropes was completely out of character. I'm not trying to suggest that the fix was in, but it always raises questions when a normally Tyson-esque crazy athletic power punching machine like Johnson fights like that. Very fishy.

Comment

did you miss the kevin mitchell fight on the same bill? mitchell was the real fan favourite on that bill too, not brook or joshua.

Comment

Salty c*nts!

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

Comment

salty americans haha! Vitali was not in his prime and stop judging what a fighter can do vs an opponents based on past opponents. Joshua may end up being better than Vitali.. who knows.

DeGale showed his power in the states vs Dirrell, so what is this crap?

Comment

Working...
                    X