Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Andre Ward will still be awesome at 36-37 like Mayweather, Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I don't. I don't really consider him awesome right now and certainly not in Mayweather's class. Mayweather and Hopkins are exceptions to the rule. Most fighters lose a lot by age 36 and Ward will probably lose a lot by that age unless he is another exception. Even fighters who take the best possible care of themselves still usually lose speed and stamina, skill and reaction time from natural aging.

Comment

I think so...he has nursed his injuries, not much punishment taken...a student of the game....I feel he will go down as a ATG

Comment

Gonna have to see how he handles 175. Making 168 must be hell for him with all the inactivity. He's probably only going to have 1 or 2 more fights at 168.

Comment

I think likely yes, but I sure hope we don't have to wait that long to see his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Yes his style suits longevity .
            And he does not fight so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
              Ward has never been a great fighter. What has he done? An illegal move to cut Kessler, ruined Dawsons career by making him kill himself in the weight cut and refused to repay Froch by facing him in his country.

And on top of all that, he is BORING and can't sell out an oakland bingo hall. He's retired BTW
              LOL. Come on dude. No one forced Dawson into that fight. Ward should get credit for Koing him.

Actually Ward wants to face Froch in UK, has wanted to for a while. Froch and Hearn first said Ward was ducking then said he is not big enough, now Froch says Ward would beat him on points.

He knocked out his last two opponents. He went toe to toe with Froch and dominated him. I don't really think he is that boring. Maybe sometimes. He needs to fight some dangerous opponents, hopefully Jay Z can entice some killers into facing him.

Comment

Working...
              X