Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My grandad said that guys go to the NBA and NFL because they are soft. Is this true?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those sports offer the most opportunity(Whether it be professional level or getting your college paid for) and I don't blame someone for wanting to protect their health.

With that said I think it takes a certain kind of person to get into boxing. Even in poor countries why not just play soccer, basketball, or baseball/cricket?

Comment

NFL is quite gay I suppose, but it would be ****phobic to say that means soft.

Comment

Plain and simple

Its character heart and belief

Dreaming of PLAYING football and basketball as a kid.
        what kid dreams of fighting ???you dont play boxing.
        Most people and kids are scared of fighting being exposed in front of females or friends or co workers or
        aquaintances.

Most people dont take a punch well and most people dont have a killer instinct. Most people cant control their anger and most people hate running.

To Top it off the natural human has fears and dreams.. they want things the easiest way in todays society. Its quick money over legacy and longevity.

Then most anyone who walks in a boxing gym after a week dont have the confidence belief or support to get to an elite money making level.

Most men dont have the heart for combat or to compete one on one in front of people in a sporting aspect.
        most men will only do combat to save their lives . Hence why some people like mma over boxing.

Less damage and more ways to resort to survival.

The way it is is the way its supposed to be. Boxing can gain a tv audience and generation. But it will never add more FIGHTERS. It is what it is.

Some men cant fight and cant learn to either (embarrassment)

Some men would rathe play golf tennis and soccer or major in business then show their heart pride and toughness on a daily basis..
        not everyone can box.
        Guys like kovalev break guys like lebron james .. there are levels to it

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          No I f you can play those sports than you can make big money quicker. Add in the possibility of a college education and I can see why
          yep.......

Comment

You have to be cut from a certain cloth to box it takes a special kind of man to box as a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              No I f you can play those sports than you can make big money quicker. Add in the possibility of a college education and I can see why
              This..............

Comment

Yeah I seen some tough football and basketball players
                come into my gym
                and train for 3 weeks.
                as soon as they have to fight a threat
                they fold. They cant take a punch and ego comes into play big time.

Certain guys can fight .certain ones straight up cant and they know it.
                its overall character.some dudes talk a big game some dudes lift weights and some dudes pack techs and glocks
                cause they cant fight for squat.. I got dudes in my gym that live to fight or have a bone to pick or just box and dont play team sports.they trump these athletes coming from football and basketball. I know deep down these athletes can transition over .
                but their minds are scared and their hearts are no where to be found.
                They are more intimidators and talkers.

When it comes to work ethic and listening and absorbing they dont tranistion well cause they have no respect and dont listen . Their egos are set. It happens all the time. I get mma kids from 10yrs to 17 yrs old coming to spar my boxers so they can get hand work in. They get pummeled and dominated. Mma kids never come back after their humblings.

Boxers box. Football players and basketball players PLAY team sports.

Its fundamentals and discipline . Plain and simple.

Comment

It's ridiculously easy money compared to boxing and neither have nearly as vicious a reputation as boxing.

Comment

They go to NFL and NBA for the money.....espically NBA big money is guaranteed compared to winning the lottery in Boxing

Comment

There's a special something about boxers. Getting hit in the face is something that not every athlete can endure.

It goes for boxers too. Some can not lift weights such as Frazier... but he was punch strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X