Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Examining The Broner-Maidana Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that Broner didn't win any rounds before the 4th is troubling.. dude is no Welterweight

Comment

Honestly I thought Broner won a couple rounds toward the middle and maybe the 12th cause i'm a nice guy and $h1t. But overall he got beat on like a drum. I honestly don't know why anyone thought he'd stop Maidana, or whoop him. Broner's resume is total trash outside the 2 half decent fighters he fought and barely beat. PDL whooped im.

Comment

I gave Broner 3 rds, 4 at most.

Still dominate UD by Maidana I think.

Comment

I said that before. he could have good fights at 140, should have when there for a couple of years

Comment

Broner won 4 rounds tops.....personally i gave him 3....5th, 12th and one more i dont remember right now...and even then, only the 12th was definitive...guy sucks and should have at least 2 losses, PDL outboxed his ass...

Comment

Boner couldntve won more than 1 round it was a lopsided ass whooping ,and hes a welterweight just not a very good one too many holes in his game ,boner is a fighter that shouldve never been pampered in the first place because his talent isnt all the way there it wassimply a matter of being exposed, one could see that clealy from the Ponce deleon fight Ponce was robbed.....

Comment

Originally posted by dankitydank View Post
                Because Broner was supposed to be the next Mayweather. Now, he's just the next Berto.
                :qqq::qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

I gave Maidana a 10 8 round in the 11th for humping Broner back!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Marcos Maidana scored two knockdowns and won a clear decision over Adrien Broner on all three judges’ scorecards.

Judge Levi Martinez had Maidana winning 117-109, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. The only rounds he gave to Broner were Round 5 and Round 12.

Interestingly, Martinez was the only judge to score the eighth round an even 9-9. That was the round in which Maidana knocked Broner down, but later had a point taken away due to an intentional head butt. The other two judges scored that round 9-8 for Maidana. [Click Here To Read More]
                    I don't understand the comment about Broner winning a scorecard with 6 rounds and Maidana with 12. Unless it's to say that from the 3 judges awarding of the various rounds, Broner achieved a one (or two) judge win in each of 6 rounds, and Maidana achieved at least one (or two) judge in each of the 12 rounds.

As for the judge Martinez, his score of 9-9 could only be justified if he would otherwise have scored the round a 10-10 (assuming that no point penalties were taken from either fighter). If Maidana otherwise won that round and also had a KD, he had a 10-8 round. By losing a point to a foul, he should have had a 9-8 round as indeed the other 2 judges scored. Boxers can only LOSE points by fouls or KDs (never gain them).

In the last couple of day there has been a thread about potential 9-9 scoring, in a scenario where a fighter winning a round suffered a KD. Much ignorance has been shown over it, and although sure of my opinion, I have consulted a recognised authority who has written major articles on just such point deductions. (Strangely, he didn't include a 9-9 round where a point loss from a KD would equal a point loss from any other infringement, and says he will email me about it).

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
                      Boner couldntve won more than 1 round it was a lopsided ass whooping ,and hes a welterweight just not a very good one too many holes in his game ,boner is a fighter that shouldve never been pampered in the first place because his talent isnt all the way there it wassimply a matter of being exposed, one could see that clealy from the Ponce deleon fight Ponce was robbed.....
                      I think the "problem" was that he'd been brushing his hair in the wrong direction.......

On that point, I find it poignant that some bright entrepreneur made a contract with Broner to sell Broner Hairbrushes at his fights. The cost was $20 each. The seller had a stand inside the arena and for his first BIG SALE, actually sold 5 brushes. For the second, he sold none......

It seems that the identical brush (minus the Broner name) was available everywhere for less than $5 ........ So Broner actually was (maybe) paid a few dollars for this...which I hope he reports in his IRS forms....

Comment

Working...
                      X