Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny would still beat Cotto, but I think it would be more competitive now as I think he would be much better prepared and in a better spot mentally.

Still Manny is a great offensive fighter, he will force Cotto back eventually and Cotto is not the sort of boxer that can handle that (IMO). I am sure Cotto sees the end of the fight but I can't see him winning.

I think Cotto can do pretty good at 154 though, he should be looking to fight Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
      Pac vs Cotto 2 will be a better and closer fight I can almost guarantee that
      Do you really want Miguel to go through that again? I'm a Cotto fan, and I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
        well gayweather goes to 42-1 after this win the only loss he had was castillo 1. Overall another boring fraud gayweather fight and cotto was the one who brought any exitement to the fight period. the reign of the ****thug gayweather continues and now can have a 3some with 50 and his manly looking girl. where was donald duck aka gayweather sr that jackoff?
        How can you say that was a bad fight? jeez the fanboys are mental...

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
          Yeah, but that was at 147. Put Pac in there with Cotto now with no catch weight, and Cotto beats him this time. It will never happen, though, Pac doesn't have the balls and you know it.
          Thats a bit of a ridiculous statement. If anything Cotto has degenerated from the Pacquiao beating. 2lbs made little to no difference at all.

Just because a fighter has a strong showing doesnt mean hes magically better. Styles make fights, and quite honestly I think tonight is more of a sign of Mayweather starting to show his age than Cotto miraculously becoming a new fighter.

Pacquiao was able to beat up Cotto so bad partially because Cotto is a sucker for left uppercuts, always has been... not a surprise that is what seriously dropped him in the 4th against Pacquiao.

Its like saying 'Marquez now would beat Mayweather, because he looked so much better against Pacquiao!" You and I both know thats definitely not true.

Comment

• I had Mayweather 10-2, he was clearly outboxing Cotto in the centre of the ring, and was winnig most of the rounds when he decided to fight Cotto's fight which even though I was impressed with how he avoided shots whilst landing them so well in Cotto's territory I think he should of just kept it in the centre, which is what he did towards the end.

Maybe it was credit to Cotto pushing him back, maybe Floyd did it to brig excitement, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyson View Post
              As a fighter myself I have to say that Floyd is a master of the art of boxing. He stands toe-to-toe against the supposed infighter of the two and just easily outfights Cotto.
              While a fairly "close" fight, it was a dominant victor at the end, despite Floyd electing to stand toe-to-toe.
              At a glance it looked like most of the action was rather even, but being a sucker for details I noticed that Floyd was in complete control 95% of the time just by looking at his eyes and where he looked. That man is razor sharp with high levels of intelligence.

It came to the point where I actually found myself laughing and enjoying myself over the psychology and mind games Mayweather presented. Searching my head right now, I can honestly say that I remember more about the looks, body language, mindset and mindgames of the fight than the action itself.
              In my eyes those things are far more telling about fighters and fights than whether or not the scorecards should be 118-111 or 116-112.

Mayweather could have stopped Cotto in the last two rounds had he wanted to, of that I am sure.
              pure speculation since floyd never takes chances and his fights are always boring as fuk.

Comment

• Miguel is far from shot & he absolutely proved it tonite.

I'd love to see Cotto Vs Canelo.

That would be amazing fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                  You know that there's a difference fighting Cotto at mere 144 and a 154, right?
                  cotto was a lot faster at WW ... anywayts not take anything out from the winner floyd as he did fought a great fight and also for cotto who tried reall hard and made it competitive enough ...

I am sure fans and haters alike enjoyed this fight

Comment

• I scored it. 8-4 for Mayweather. I don't think Pacquiao vs Mayweather is such a mismatch anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2012 View Post
                      He landed a few jabs which produced the bloody nose early in the fight.

But couldn't land anything else.

We all like the underdog but it's ridiculous how delusional some people become in fights like this.

Cotto got outclassed. I gave him 2 rounds at best, if even that...
                      Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X