Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bull**** removed, styles make fights and Floyd's style is the one to beat Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull**** removed, styles make fights and Floyd's style is the one to beat Pac

As a matter of fact, Floyd's style has been specifically crafted, molded to beat ANY style. Lets face it, Floyd doesn't give a **** about casual fans. He doesn't give a **** what is good for the sport. He's just trying to cash out as much as he can. To him, this is a business and thats it. "Legacy don't pay the bills".

To avoid an "L" on his record, he'll take the least risks possible. He doesn't care how boring the win would be. He would have already suckered casual fans into buying the fight. The money is would already be there. Regardless, Cotto pretty much showed how you can be effective against Pacquiao besides just counterpunching. Its exactly what I've been saying prior to the fight. You have to jab and be first.

Prior to the Cotto/Pacquiao fight, I asked you to ask yourselves, is Cotto a better technician than Marquez? Is he a better counterpuncher? Manny Cotto fans FOOLISHLY believed Cotto was an all around better fighter than Marquez. But obviously, you saw that he wasn't. Cotto was extremely fast, but didn't have the tools to put his attributes together. He didn't have the experience or ring intelligence to utilize his hand speed and timing.

But you know who does. Floyd "I'm back for legacy, but then again Legacy don't pay the bills, especially if legacy is on steroids, unless legacy's name is Manny Pacquiao" Mayweather.

Floyd has the speed to stick the jab, the intelligence to set up quick right hands and counter punching ability to make Pacquiao cautious. The only true way I can see Pacquiao winning this fight is by becoming very physical with Floyd. Finding a way to get on the inside and rough him up because lingering on the outside would make him a target for Floyd's right hand. Unlike Hatton, Pacquiao has quick enough hands to throw combinations from a close distance, but he would run risk of getting pot shotted. He just may have the beard to withstand it though. He also has the stamina and agility to keep throwing from angles. I think this is a fight were would would see floyd get hit the most and possibly be hurt.

But, regardless, Floyd's style is just wrong for Pacquiao. But, then again, Pacquiao is not the same fighter in every fight. He just gets better.

How can Pacquiao be effective against Floyd?

As I alluded to in the content above, Floyd's fight plan consist of doing as much as possible defensively and doing just enough offensively to win a fight. Well, thats been the fight plan against dangerous opponents and Pacquiao is a dangerous opponent.

The key for Floyd is to make Pacquiao as hesitant as possible and Floyd does that by countering his opponents and striking unexpectedly with a right lead. When Floyd is in "the zone", he'll lean forward face first with his hands down his side. This is when he knows he has his opponent scared to throw a punch, scared to be aggressive and he capitalizes with potshots scoring his points.Now, would Pacquiao fall victim to this?

I believe he CAN. Why? We saw some of this in both Marquez fights. In the rounds Marquez clearly would dominate, he was able to because of his timing and counter punching. During these periods, Pac would just be bouncing and fainting, hesitant to throw, but when he did Marquez would read it a mile away and would counter or Marquez would take advantage of Pac's inactivity and strike first with combinations. This is how and when Floyd would be scoring.

So back the question, how can Pacquiao be effective against Floyd?

By doing what he did to break Marquez's rhythm. Get brave, come to terms with the fact that he WILL be tagged and begin his unpredictable barrage of punches. What Pac can do that DLH, Hatton and Marquez didn't do was throw more than 2-3 punches on a consistant basis. We saw DLH throw these wack ass body shots when Floyd was against the ropes. But DLH was smothering himself throwing arm punches. Hatton would just run at Floyd and either he or Floyd would start hugging. Marquez tried throwing, but he was just too slow swiping at empty air and he just became hesitant and limited his offensive output.

Pac has to continue his offense, not allow himself to fall into that mental trap that Floyd can set. He needs to keep Floyd on the defensive all night. Shoot 2 punches from one angle, throw 3 more from another angle, dip and get out. Floyd cannot be completely defensive if it continues that way, he'll have to open up and become more offensive minded or he WILL lose because he is too defensive and not offensive enough to counter Pac's aggression. Make Mayweather work.

If Pac is throwing 3-4 punch combos, Floyd is blocking 3 of them, but only comes back with a pot shot, Pac is going to score rounds because he's dictating it. If Floyd DOES open up, Pac's hands are fast enough to slip more punches in. But the key is not to linger long enough for Floyd to catch him. 1,2,3,4 and dip out and Floyd WILL tag him. If Pac can manage not being stunned, he will be very successful through out the fight, but...

Can Floyd hurt/stunn Pac?

"Cotto threw everything at Pac and didn't hurt him"

True, but Cotto didn't land anything Pac didn't see coming. We all know its the shots you dont see coming that put the sandman to work. Marquez and Larios stunned him with shots Pac just didn't see. Floyd very well has the ability to create this kind of situation because of his counter punching and fast hands. Pacquiao just has to be prepared for this which is obviously is very hard to do.

So to summarize, Pac must keep Floyd in a defensive state constantly through out the fight. He cannot win by being cautious and hesitant trying to pick his shots. That's Floyd's game and he's pretty damn good at it. The more defensive Floyd gets, the less offensive he becomes and Pacquiao needs to take advantage of that.

Anyway, I'm not just talking out of my ass..

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Cotto has trouble dealing with speed which will be the key factor in this fight. You already know what the game plan will be. Stick, stick, stick and move aside.

Roach is too smart not to know what Cotto's weaknesses and vulnerabilities are. Cotto has no defense for punches coming straight into the middle and up in between the gloves. Cotto does NOT have the stamina needed to keep up with a darting high energy Manny Pacquiao.

I honesly wouldnt be surprised if Pacquiao TKO's Cotto. Styles make fights and Pac's style is all wrong for Cotto.
    If the fight happens as planned, Cotto will get seriously hurt by Margarito. Margo is on a mission to get back to where he originally was. He has heavy fist and has to much pride to let himself lose again. Cotto will try to match him punch for punch just to test him out but thats where he will make the mistake of letting his guard down. Cotto is 5 x's the boxer that Margo is, but sometimes as they say, "styles make fights and these 2 are made for each other.
    1. You are forgetting who Pacquiao was supposed to be going into the Diaz and DLH fight.

One dimensional. Only weapon being the left hand. Not ring smart. Those are phrases thrown around when describing Pac going into those fights. Sure, Diaz was a complete push over for Pac, but at the same time, he dominated Diaz in a manner that WAS NOT expected. He bobbed, he weaved, he picked his spots and dominated with combination punching. For someone being "one dimensional", he sure utilized BOTH hands AND improved his defense. I mean, seriously, who thought Manny would be UNTOUCHED as he was through out the whole fight?

The same **** applies to DLH. It doesnt matter if he was supposedly weight drained or whatever. Manny's skillset was supposed to allow DLH to go to work, not his physical ability. Manny OUTBOXED DLH. Normally, when someone is "weight drained", they don't get outboxed, they get physically dominated. Manny did physically dominate DLH, but by BOXING from the outside. That wasn't supposed to happen.

2. Manny keeps improving each fight for a "one dimensional" fighter where as Hatton hasn't shown much improvement at all

Mayweather exposed one of Hatton's major defensive Flaws. He's prone to quick shots, especially quick lefts. After he got knocked out by Mayweather, he fought an old, washed up, RETIRED Lascano. Lascano tagged his ass with a left many times and was on the verge of a KO if only Lascano was capable of finishing the job.

What did this show?

That Hatton truly hasn't improved on his defense. Manny was supposed to do to Juan Lascano what Pacquiao did to Diaz and DLH. He didn't. He almost got KO'd. Moving on to the Malignaggi fight, Hatton did show some OFFENSIVE improvement, but where was the DEFENSIVE improvement? If you watch the fight, Paulie landed lefts when Hatton would come in for the attack, but we're talking Eggshell hands Malignaggi over here. Hatton wasn't about to be hurt by the lack of power Malignaggi contained.

Pacquiao is faster than Malignaggi, more powerful than Malignaggi.

Hatton does his best work on the inside. When have we EVER seen Pacquiao allow ANYONE to work inside? Do we really think Pacquiao will be stationary through out the fight inviting Hatton to his body?

Lets seriously think about it. Who's faster to the draw? What's REALLY gonna stop PAcquiao from attacking from the outside and moving out the way? Hatton's "jab"?

Or is it Hatton face?

From their recents previous fights, this is what can be seen:

Hatton has yet to improve on his defense though his offense has gotten a little tighter

Pacquioa has improved his versatility both offensively and defensive;y.

Just because Floyd chose Hatton doesn't mean Hatton is some beast that only Floyd can tame. Hatton is no JMM and Pacquiao is a whole different animal.
    Last edited by 2501; 12-17-2009, 01:51 PM.

I totally agree, buddy. I said it beoe the fight, even if Pacquiao beats Cotto he will lose to the boat buyer

Comment

^^^same here. I though cotto would win but i thought it would be a close fight. The only fighter who could beat floyd is paul. But that aint happening

Comment

PSA cottards trying to ruin the great mays legacy....

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
          ^^^same here. I though cotto would win but i thought it would be a close fight. The only fighter who could beat floyd is paul. But that aint happening
          I give Mosley a great chance to beat Floyd too. Pretty much, any fighter with some smarts, speed and power can be a threat to Floyd. I don't buy this "Mosley has no legs" BS. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people against Berto.

Comment

then the fight ended

Comment

I agree with you and I would pick Floyd to win over Pac when the time comes. I agree too with what you said about him not giving a **** about what we want, he wants the biggest $$$$. It's unfortunate but luckily this time, the best fight for us is looking to be the best for him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
                PSA cottards trying to ruin the great mays legacy....
                ha, Floyd doesn't need any help with that.

Comment

I agree with most of what you said after the first paragraph

And Floyd is a better technical fighter than Pac and I don't think Pac can overcome that regardless of how fast his hands are and how awkward his punches come at you...

Comment

60/40 in favor of pink floyd.......

howeva......

this is not the same pacquiao that fought marquez 2x.....

& Pacquiao >>>>>>>>>>>>>. anybody on pink floyd's resume.

We have to understand this is welterweight 32 year old pink floyd. Not the 130, 135 lb in his 20s pink floyd. Even tho he looked good vs marquez, 32 year old pink floyd has slowed down somewhat & has the propensity to lay on the ropes, throws less jabs, less combinations, & less power at 147.

So its not so inconceivable to see Pacquiao, who will be the fastest fighter he has ever faced, who is very fast, accurate, & powerful to more than trouble pink floyd.

If Demarcus corley & 6 rd fighter zab judah put hands on a prime in his 20s pink floyd, what's gonna happen when Pacquiao meets 32 year old potshotter pink floyd?

Pac has more than a punchers chance. More than.

Comment

Working...
                    X