No announcement yet.

dvd software

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] dvd software

I gotta make a back-up copy of a dvd (which of course i own) onto my harddrive. Normally dvd decrypter does this for me, but the thing cant manage to do the job this time.
    DVD shrink also is having the same problem.

Name me programs to get past the encyption please. Free ones obviously.

Did you try just opening the dvd drive and right clicking the VTS folder and send to "my documents"? If there is a problem with one of the vob files you will get a message letting you know which one it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Did you try just opening the dvd drive and right clicking the VTS folder and send to "my documents"? If there is a problem with one of the vob files you will get a message letting you know which one it is.
      nope i'll try that now. Thought that never worked though.

Comment

yeah it brought up an error on one file. But dvd decrypter had about 15 files that wouldnt copy, and in the end a 6GB dvd ended up being 30GB in my documents (and didnt even work)

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          yeah it brought up an error on one file. But dvd decrypter had about 15 files that wouldnt copy, and in the end a 6GB dvd ended up being 30GB in my documents (and didnt even work)
          There are programs that will repair an err on vobs. I did a search and can't seem to find it. But you will need something that will do that.

google: repair corrupt vob

also I believe on dvd decrypter there is a function that you can ignore err's. Doesn't always work but might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            There are programs that will repair an err on vobs. I did a search and can't seem to find it. But you will need something that will do that.

google: repair corrupt vob

also I believe on dvd decrypter there is a function that you can ignore err's. Doesn't always work but might be worth a try.
            yeah i ignored them, and it ended up being a huge file (about 30GB) and didnt work anyway.

Im looking on a few forums atm about different software, ill try one more, i have to bring it back to the shop in 45 mins before it closes and i get charged for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              I gotta make a back-up copy of a dvd (which of course i own) onto my harddrive. Normally dvd decrypter does this for me, but the thing cant manage to do the job this time.
              DVD shrink also is having the same problem.

Name me programs to get past the encyption please. Free ones obviously.
              http://www.free-star.org/free-dvd-ripper-freeware.html

I use this program to rip stuff from dvds.

Comment

In my experience the best one is "1CLICK DVD COPY" it has a couple of nice features like exact copy,4.7GB copy, eliminates extra features,etc. The movies can be captured in DVD or hard drive.

Comment

poweriso not good enuff?

Comment

DVDFab i use that all the time it works great and never gives me any problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X