Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the main reason Tyson Fury was able to beat Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He couldn't hit him. Apart from round 12 when Fury was concerned about his shorts falling down.

I thought Wlad was moving well enough. He was risk averse. Shock horror.

The mental side is the biggest part for me. Put Fury's nutty brain in Wlad's body and he beats himself no problem.

Wlad needs to throw caution to the wind in the rematch.

Comment

Fury basically did to him what he did to other shorter opponents. It's also that Wlad is a way too cautious fighter, he has to take more risks and engage if he plans on winning the rematch.

Comment

Distance control with feet, feints, upper body movements, pivoting. Wlad even said he couldnt get his range on him, that is a major key factor because if you dont get in range you cant hit your opponent.

Wlad could see the target, not like Fury had his lead hand up but it was a bait and counter tactic from Fury, Wlad simply couldnt adjust and was scared to commit due to the bait, counter tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          The biggest factor was Furys height and reach.
          Burns eh?

Remember you giving it the big before the fight

Comment

Tyson is a tremendous athlete,simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
              Tyson is a tremendous athlete,simple as that.
              He is. People laughed at me when i said he was the fittest man in the division, and is FAR fitter than Wladimir. Fury is a freak, he still had a great engine even when coming into fights grossly out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                The mental side is the biggest part for me. Put Fury's nutty brain in Wlad's body and he beats himself no problem.

Wlad needs to throw caution to the wind in the rematch.
                I agree with this. There were times when Fury would dip to his right leaving a big hole for the right hand, and Wlad would be too worried about Fury coming back with an uppercut to let the shot go. It was bizarre to see the long reigning champion show way too much respect to the challenger. Normally it's the other way around.

It was great to see that sort of caution punished, because that's not how the heavyweight champion should fight. But at the same time Fury landed fuck all of significance himself. It's not like Wlad had to do so much more to win.

I hope for his sake Wlad comes to take chances in the rematch. Another performance like that will only damage his legacy further.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Burns eh?

Remember you giving it the big before the fight
                  What are u talking about exactly?

i had almost all my points in Fury and am from England so why would it burn ?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    What are u talking about exactly?

i had almost all my points in Fury and am from England so why would it burn ?
                    Then I obviously confused you with someone else.

Jeez

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      He is. People laughed at me when i said he was the fittest man in the division, and is FAR fitter than Wladimir. Fury is a freak, he still had a great engine even when coming into fights grossly out of shape.
                      I endured a tirade of angry haters on my twitter through DM's saying that Fury had 0 to 0 chance of winning the fight,i stayed silent.This Scotty Weiland girl/boy got on my nerves most lololol,dude hasn't spoke to me ssince ahahahahhahahhahahahahaaha

Fury is just a tremendous athlete,i think Haye is right when he says Klitschko won't go through with the rematch.Wladimir was/is mentally beaten.I want a proper unification fight with Wilder,tyson will make him miss widely and make him pay.

#newera

Comment

Working...
                      X