No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas Rises From Canvas, Rallies To Stop Miura In Nine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Fight

That might have been Fight of The Year. Both guys stocks rose dramatically. I hope there will be a rematch.

I hope we get to see more of these fighters from Japan. Lots of skill, power, and heart.

Francisco Vargas will hopefully get a lot more shine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
      He knew he wasn't OK, that's why he immediately backed up as soon as the ref allowed the fight to continue. He wasn't ready at all and was still wobbly.

It's common sense to know that the ref will give you about 5-6 seconds extra after the normal 10 count. Rest on one knee, when the ref gets to 8, stand and back yourself into a corner, it takes more time of the round clock and this is still without the ref evaluating whether you can continue or not.

That's about 16-17 seconds right there for you to gather yourself.

He was rash and way too eager to prove he wasn't hurt which clearly wasn't the case.

Very stupid move.
      He didn't knew, he was almost knocked out. You're talking about common sense, to think things out and rest, give himself time, etc. Have you ever been knocked out? You're describing what to do in a flash-knockdown, or a not so severe knockdown. This guy was almost out. No time to think or rationalize anything, he got up in a merely instinctive reaction only god knows how

Comment

good fight and KO

Comment

Miura is such a warrior that he would have kept going but his body was not cooperating! His brain would sent the signals in that last round but his body was just flopping all around. He has incredible mental strength. The fact that he didn't go down in round 1 after almost touching the canvas was impressive also.

Comment

I thought this fight would be solid gold, and it was! Vargas' activity, Miura's heavier thudding lefts. What a fight. I wasn't crazy about the stoppage, partially because it seemed Miura had survived the worst and was starting to throw back, but I'm happy for Vargas, who is a very fun fighter to watch. Rematch please!

Comment

Great fight!

IMO stopped too early. Even though Muira was wobbled he showed throughout the fight that he was pretty tough. He was the champ and Vargas was in just as bad shape and almost half blind a few RDS before. But Its OK and I still understand.

Comment

Amazing fight.

Comment

GRANDE VARGAS!

TRUE MEXICAN WARRIOR, AND NEW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

Originally posted by sinca View Post
                  That my friends....was a great fight!!
                  Who is the fighter in your profile?

Comment

Epic fight. That's gotta be the FOTY. There isn't a fight I can think of better than that one currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                      What a moron Miura is.

Use the 10 count to catch your breath and steady yourself. Jackass jumped up and was all over the place.
                      Miura a moron? You're the ****ing moron. It was the 9th round of an absolute war, and he'd just been smashed multiple times and was seriously out of it. You really think he was 'thinking' at that stage? You really think he had all his faculties intact and was thinking with a clear mind the best possible options he had left at that stage to give him the best chance to survive and then win? You believe after those shots that his mind would have run over the best scenarios for him to do?

By that stage of a fight and in that condition it's nearly, if not entirely, all instinct. He wouldn't have had much of a clue what he was doing.

You talk as if he took a flash knockdown in the first round.
                      Last edited by BennyST; 11-22-2015, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X