Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: I Can't Let America Think All Brits Are Like Price!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    i'm still shocked after the price ko
    So am I. People had said Price has a bad chin, but I never thought it would be that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      So am I. People had said Price has a bad chin, but I never thought it would be that bad.
      It's not the chin, it's his bad defense. Look how low his left hand was on the knockout. It was by his waste...

Boxing is about hit and not get hit. Price simply hasn't figured that out.

Also I notice you are trying hard to be sympathetic towards the Price fans. Just remember if that was Wlad they would give show no sympathy. Look at all the Wlad is ducking Price comments. That's the way I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        i'm still shocked after the price ko
        The whole British island is in a state of shock.

Comment

I am a supporter of both Fury and Price and was looking forward to their fight - I am still looking forward to that as both a a future in the division. My only concern with Price is under Maloney he is not going to progress they were talking about Klitschko way to prematurely he is nowhere near that fight as proven last week - I have said this many times before he is not active enough he needs to fight at least 7 - 8 times per year - what did he learn last year absolutley nothing most of his fights finishing in 3 rounds the Harrisons fight was the wrong fight what did we learn he can punch yes we all know that lasting one round he learnt absolutley nothing his promoter must understand you have to keep active early in your pro career when he is world champ then fight 3 or 4 times year - I will give you an example Tyson fought 28 times in 23 months and became world champ - now I'm not saying Price needs to fight as often as that but 7 - 8 times per year is on par for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            It's not the chin, it's his bad defense. Look how low his left hand was on the knockout. It was by his waste...

Boxing is about hit and not get hit. Price simply hasn't figured that out.

There's poor defense and there's poor punch resistance, and Price clearly has both.Price really had no business even getting dropped by a shot like that, let alone actually being stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Not really. You make out as if Price was a household name. Then again, posters don't really tend to know what they are talking about on here.

To be fair, Thompson doesn't get enough praise. He's no ATG, but he isn't a bum. He's really only lost to Wlad twice (the first fight being pretty harsh for Wlad) whilst hes been at the top of his career.

Price was just one of those fighters that people seem to think are Britain's next hope. In reality, him and Fury are relatively unknown. The big fighters for us are Froch, Khan and Haye. Froch needs no justification, he's a warrior, as is Khan, willing to fight anybody. Haye is the 2nd/3rd best heavyweight out there. People think he was dominated by Wlad, when in reality, it was only Wlad's jab that won that fight. Nothing of any note was landed, apart from one or two right hands, in the whole fight between them. If you call that domination, then your agenda is pretty big. He gets a lot of flak for that fight because of the pre-fight hype he made, and delivered a boring performance, as did Wlad. He doesn't get flak for being dominated by Wlad.

We don't need to justify our top fighters, they do it themselves. This US/UK rivalry thing is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                lol sure.

I'm glad that big stiff idiot got banjo'd

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  lol sure.

I'm glad that big stiff idiot got banjo'd
                  You just say that to cover up your embarrassment for Price losing so easy to an old fat yank. We know it hurts you deep down. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                    You just say that to cover up your embarrassment for Price losing so easy to an old fat yank. We know it hurts you deep down. lol
                    This message is hidden because ROSS CALIFORNIA is on your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Not really. You make out as if Price was a household name. Then again, posters don't really tend to know what they are talking about on here.

To be fair, Thompson doesn't get enough praise. He's no ATG, but he isn't a bum. He's really only lost to Wlad twice (the first fight being pretty harsh for Wlad) whilst hes been at the top of his career.

Price was just one of those fighters that people seem to think are Britain's next hope. In reality, him and Fury are relatively unknown. The big fighters for us are Froch, Khan and Haye. Froch needs no justification, he's a warrior, as is Khan, willing to fight anybody. Haye is the 2nd/3rd best heavyweight out there. People think he was dominated by Wlad, when in reality, it was only Wlad's jab that won that fight. Nothing of any note was landed, apart from one or two right hands, in the whole fight between them. If you call that domination, then your agenda is pretty big. He gets a lot of flak for that fight because of the pre-fight hype he made, and delivered a boring performance, as did Wlad. He doesn't get flak for being dominated by Wlad.

We don't need to justify our top fighters, they do it themselves. This US/UK rivalry thing is pathetic.
                      Good post. Wouldn't want to start at whole new Haye-Klitschko debate on here though. People are quite sensitive. It seems that a trend is going on. People who like Haye generally like Price, whereas people following K2 are likely to support Fury. Wonder why..

Comment

Working...
                      X