No announcement yet.

just watched mitchell\banks 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just watched mitchell\banks 2...

got a new laptop so i'm catching up on the summer's HW fights. i was reading stuff like he broke both hands or he took a dive, bla, bla, bla. Mitchell got badly hurt in the 3rd & was almost out but hung on & he was stunned again in the 8th but he outworked him in that round but i still gave it to banks. banks didn't want to mix it up in either fight as he felt Mitchell's power. he's a soft 216 & every punch seth hit him with backed him up. the body shots on the ropes worked well too. Mitchell fought a smart fight & banks had no plan B. i always said he was a CW that shouldn't have moved up & his reluctance to mix it up hurt him. he countered nicely in the 3rd & 4th but Mitchell adjusted didn't fall into the traps. instead he jabbed & tied him up, etc. boring fight but i had it 10-2 for Mitchell with the extra point for the KD...118-109...Mitchell's power kept banks in check & if you watch the first fight again it was the same thing in the 1st rd. banks just caught him but that was it. there was no way banks would stand in the middle & slug it out as seth's jab was pushing him back... boring fight but nowhere near at controversial as some said here... didn't know about the still born child he had either...both these guys won with heavy hearts...

alot of people say that fight was rigged, if you go back and watch the first one banks was doing the exact same thing same game plan just waiting for mitchell to come in and just counter him while hes swinging wildly. he was clinching like crazy at first cus thats all he could do then as soon as he caught mitchell with some bs then he wanted to come forward and swing. then go watch the 2nd fight he wanted to do the same thing all over again but mitchell was cautious as **** which he should have been. banks just stood there because he had no other game plan period. if mitchell didnt come in crazy he didnt get to counter and the times he did have him hurt mitchell clinched like a MFer just like banks did in the first fight he survived and it worked. people can say what they want but banks is wack and should of never won the first fight but seth is still learning on the job!

Comment

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
      alot of people say that fight was rigged, if you go back and watch the first one banks was doing the exact same thing same game plan just waiting for mitchell to come in and just counter him while hes swinging wildly. he was clinching like crazy at first cus thats all he could do then as soon as he caught mitchell with some bs then he wanted to come forward and swing. then go watch the 2nd fight he wanted to do the same thing all over again but mitchell was cautious as **** which he should have been. banks just stood there because he had no other game plan period. if mitchell didnt come in crazy he didnt get to counter and the times he did have him hurt mitchell clinched like a MFer just like banks did in the first fight he survived and it worked. people can say what they want but banks is wack and should of never won the first fight but seth is still learning on the job!
      yep...arreola is a legit top 10 just like tony Thompson was against price...banks clearly didn't want to mix it up. he was patient but everytime seth hit him he had no answer but to back off. banks is one of the former CWs who should of stayed there. he is a soft 216 & is now 9-1-1 as a HW with mitchell & travis walker are his best wins. 2 of the same type of fighters. big power, no chin & little defence. Mitchell is better then walker though...

Comment

t@dub2222

I see you're a big fan of Seth......His latest fight was a major setback but how far do you think Seth can go in the HW division?

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
          t@dub2222

I see you're a big fan of Seth......His latest fight was a major setback but how far do you think Seth can go in the HW division?
          just watched the arreola fight & I think it would have ended soon but Mitchell could have stayed on his feet. the ref got in quickly but I have no problem with that as he was dazed but if the ref doesn't get in the way he may have been able to hold on. just a theory of course. every punch he hit arreola with pushed him back. he cracked him with a couple good rights & a beautiful left hook. the chins of both fighters was the reason for the result. seth can't take clean punches well & banks would have been on his back if seth hit him with that left hook he cracked arreola with. that is why I said banks wouldn't engage. arreola will take 2 to land 1 & he did just that. he walked right into a few big shots which backed him off. he's a tough SOB who just came off surgery for a broken nose in 4 places & he came right after him. I love arreola & it doesn't bother me when he is overweight but when he's prepared he can be a very tough man to beat. Mitchell can still be in the thick of things but he needs a rest(be with his family as they have gone through tough times)& a couple of low risk fights with guys who can take a punch. a few rounds to work on things would really help him. I always throw dom guinn's name in there because he can take a punch & is inactive in his fights. he would be able to hurt seth too if he hits him. neven pajkic is another tough sob but that's coming from a fan of his in me...

Comment

Banks threw the fight.

Comment

Banks threw the damn fight. He knew he could hurt him with any punch he lands, it didnt even have to be clean but he just stood around the whole damn time?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                yep...arreola is a legit top 10 just like tony Thompson was against price...banks clearly didn't want to mix it up. he was patient but everytime seth hit him he had no answer but to back off. banks is one of the former CWs who should of stayed there. he is a soft 216 & is now 9-1-1 as a HW with mitchell & travis walker are his best wins. 2 of the same type of fighters. big power, no chin & little defence. Mitchell is better then walker though...
                Mitchell did not make any adjustments or improve Banks just threw 4 punches a round and had two broken hands simply as that. Walker beat Meehan and gave tough fights to Chagaev, Pulev, Perez, Adamek, Arreola and is clearly a level above Mitchell to claim otherwise is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Mitchell did not make any adjustments or improve Banks just threw 4 punches a round and had two broken hands simply as that. Walker beat Meehan and gave tough fights to Chagaev, Pulev, Perez, Adamek, Arreola and is clearly a level above Mitchell to claim otherwise is insane.
                  he beat witherspoon, ibragimov & banks. he beats all the C guys... I only read from people here he broke both hands...is that a fact? i'd love a link if I could see one. no thrown fight but if the broken hands are true then that is definitely why the result happened. I just have not seen any proof... I have to watch the fights myself before I ever speculate on what happened...all I seen in the 2 fights is banks setting traps waiting for a counter... I do know every punch seth hit banks with pushed him back. he dropped him in the 2nd & I watched for any signs of injured hands & I didn't see it. I saw a guy unwilling to mix it up because he was just waiting to counter & it only worked a couple times. I thought Mitchell boxed smart & banks at 216 is clearly too small to absorb big punches...walker is a C+ in my eyes & that's where I have Mitchell... they beat the guys they should beat(all journeymen) but can be a handful on any given day because of their one punch power...they hurt people when they hit them...
                  Last edited by joe strong; 09-10-2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    I am insane & think travis walker vs seth Mitchell would be a barn burner!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X