Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs. Pernell Whitaker @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost the only way to beat Hitman was to hit him on his chin. That's why he lost to Leonard. Whitaker wouldn't be able to do that.

Comment

two atg fighters wow...hearns in this one..whitaker was able to beat all styles easy in his entire career, but besides the coked out trinidad fight, don't think prime whitaker ever faced someone as tall and rangy with the boxing skills as hearns...i guess lou duva could hype pernell up to kill hearns body, but he would eventually run out of rounds, and even with pernell's supurb defense, he would have to get inside to get to the body, and tommy would get enuff power shots in over 12 to get the decision....no ko or even a tko...whitaker was a lot sturdier than most give him credit for...

Comment

I would take Sweet Pea by Decision, I think Tommy would have a very hard time landing with his Power because of Sweet Pea's Quickness.

Both are all time greats so respect to both!
        Last edited by sicko; 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I really can't see Whitaker getting KO'ed, he's probably the closest thing to unknockoutable. I see him losing a clear decision.

Comment

Working...
          X