No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather "cook" Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather "cook" Ricky Hatton?

If you look at Floyd's body language he was very relaxed the whole fight. He consistently landed at will but he never followed up, I think because he was cooking Ricky Hatton so he could knock him out like the way he did. I think he also coasted in the De la Hoya fight too, to an extent because look how many times he hurt DLH bad but stayed back. If you look at other fights he always follows up and knows when to follow up on his shots....like for example, Mitchell, Gatti, Corrales, etc...

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
    If you look at Floyd's body language he was very relaxed the whole fight. He consistently landed at will but he never followed up, I think because he was cooking Ricky Hatton so he could knock him out like the way he did. I think he also coasted in the De la Hoya fight too, to an extent because look how many times he hurt DLH bad but stayed back. If you look at other fights he always follows up and knows when to follow up on his shots....like for example, Mitchell, Gatti, Corrales, etc...

He was not relaxed at all, his corner kept telling him to relax, because he was so tight, he looked pensive when he got into the ring, and he looked almost releaved when he won the fight.

Comment

I thought he look pretty anxious, until he realised how much better than Hatton he was.

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
        I thought he look pretty anxious, until he realised how much better than Hatton he was.
        Exactly!

Ive seen two strange comments today and that was one of them.

Comment

Spot on.......

Comment

I think Hatton, while he only won 2 rounds, gave an underrated pressure that didn't necessarily give Mayweather problems, but took him awhile to batter him.

Comment

WeeblerII walks into thread. "He looked anxious until he knew he had Cortez in his pocket."

Comment

BTW the other comment was someone saying Paul Truscott was going to knockout John Simpson in 1 round

Comment

First few rounds Mayweather looked nervous, but like sparked_85 said, once Mayweather got over the jitters, the fight turned into mismatch. A big mismatch!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    WeeblerII walks into thread. "He looked anxious until he knew he had Cortez in his pocket."

Comment

Working...
                    X