Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson the most exciting light heavyweight champ since?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Noway was Jones as exciting as either Kov or Stevenson, he liked to dance more than fight and turned what should have been destructive performances into sparring sessions. LOL

Tarver was in a fair few snoozefests.

Johnson was only exciting cos he lost so bravely.
    Roy's had wipe out decisions that were more exciting than Stevenson vs. Dawson, Cloud, and Bellew. Roy was very exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Roy's had wipe out decisions that were more exciting than Stevenson vs. Dawson, Cloud, and Bellew. Roy was very exciting to watch.
      Fair enough. That was still a decade ago though

Comment

Not even a mention of Bobby Foster?

His career is packed full of high light reel ko's. he was one of the greatest LHW champs in history. If you Stevenson's ko's of Dawson, Cloud, and Bellew are impressive, you should check out Foster's ko's of Dick Tiger, Mike Quarry, and Allen Thomas. They were all sickening knock outs. And that's just naming a few of his stoppages. He was a monster.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr was more exciting, though Stevenson and Kovalev's power is exciting.

Comment

Adonis, as exciting as he is, isn't even the most exciting LHW right now IMO...that title belongs to that monster Kovalev

Comment

I still question Stevenson's ability to take a real flush punch from a solid puncher at LHW. I think Kovalev will stop him in 4 rounds. Not to say Adonis is bad, he's not. But this is one of those fights where someone or something has to give. Frazier doesn't suck because Foreman killed him, something just had to give in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                he is explosive, has great power, is ridiculously exciting.

is he not the most exciting light heavyweight champ since spinks? i get amped up for every one of his fights

and the fact that he does this for manny steward also makes it more special
                micheal moorer was a real beast at light heavy. I feel certain hed have taken stevenson out. his hand speed and power was amazing at that weight

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  micheal moorer was a real beast at light heavy. I feel certain hed have taken stevenson out. his hand speed and power was amazing at that weight
                  Great call on Double MM

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver were every bit as exciting as Stevenson has been.

And there is no way on this Earth that this fake ass Superman can compare in excitement to the real Superman.
                    no way in hell were johnson and tarver as exciting and jones was at his most fearsome at super middle. the most exciting before stevenson was micheal moorer as far as spectacular frequent knockouts are concerned

Comment

mathew saad, marvin Johnson, ed gregory, Camden Buzzsaw

Comment

Working...
                      X