Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I miss Maidanas fat ass

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Part of what made Maidana so good besides his power was his unorthodox way of throwing punches from an orthodox stance. Even his right hook would come over the top like a sledge hammer behind the jaw. Had maidana been born with longer arms, I think he wouldve gotten the nod over FM Jr. because of the way he throws punches.
      During the buildup of Floyd-manny many manny supporters thought the angles would trouble Floyd due to Maidana's unorthodox success.

Upon further inspection I found Maidana's angle variation is vertical compared to manny's horizontal.

Comment

great shot by chino...miss him!

Comment

Who would've guessed that Maidana would give Floyd a tougher and more competitive fight than the roided midget.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
            Who would've guessed that Maidana would give Floyd a tougher and more competitive fight than the roided midget.
            yes

manny's angles are based on dynamic footwork and pivots

There was no way manny was going to outmaneuver Floyd. Besides having outright better footwork, Floyd was faster in footspeed and has a better control of distance. Cutting off the ring was out of the question since manny isn't good at it.

He could neither trap Floyd or force him forward

Marcos ability to go body-head-body-head benefited him tremendously against Floyd. manny is an inconsistent body hittetr

Comment

Working...
            X